Test strips for Optium Exceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that Steff! 😛

On balance, I think that I agree. Not sure what's happening with my brother, so to save time I'll drop it.

Andy 🙂

Sorry andy did not mean to sound abrupt, have only just seen the post you left about your brother.Will teach me to not always scroll to the last reply on a thread .

I too have recently bought a contour USB - what is a multiclix finger pricker Northerner?

I too have recently bought a contour USB - what is a multiclix finger pricker Northerner?

Sorry to answer on Northe's behalf - i know he's a busy man though teehee 😉 as i have one of these multiclix.

Basically its a pricker where it has a drum inside rather than a single needle so you only need to change the drum (which i think has 6 needles in?) when used up. They are quite novel but chunky. I recently asked for another softclix as they are smaller than the multiclix and just my preference.

I think i have a spare one if you would like (unused) as it came with a recent request for another meter (as the old one gave up). You do need to get the 'drums' on prescription though as they are a different ball game.

Bernie xx 🙂

Wahaaayyyy! Collected the new Exceed from the DSN today. I expected it to be much bigger. Wonder why? It's a right dainty little thing.

How difficult is it to calibrate it? I haven't looked at the instructions yet. There's a lot of paper in the box. Might get C to do a blood test tonight just to see how it works. I'm sure she'll spare me some extra blood. Will only use it for the Ketone testing though, as C is quite happy with her One Touches.

Calibrate by inserting the small white strips of plastic in the meter, takes a couple of seconds and that is it. Get a new plastic strip in each packet of test strips. In the ketones strips the calibration stick is purple- like the colour of the test strips.

Wahaaayyyy! Collected the new Exceed from the DSN today. I expected it to be much bigger. Wonder why? It's a right dainty little thing.

How difficult is it to calibrate it? I haven't looked at the instructions yet. There's a lot of paper in the box. Might get C to do a blood test tonight just to see how it works. I'm sure she'll spare me some extra blood. Will only use it for the Ketone testing though, as C is quite happy with her One Touches.

The calibration has just been covered, if you register with Abbott then they will replace it if it breaks, sending you batteries if they die and send you the calibration liquid whenever you need it. (You have to ask for them when you need then, or you can order them on line.) They also do software and have their own usb cable but if you are only going to use the meter for ketones you probably won't want them.

The calibration has just been covered, if you register with Abbott then they will replace it if it breaks, sending you batteries if they die and send you the calibration liquid whenever you need it. (You have to ask for them when you need then, or you can order them on line.) They also do software and have their own usb cable but if you are only going to use the meter for ketones you probably won't want them.

After a lot of "faffing about", we managed to do a blood test for sugar and ketones last night 🙄
Thanks margie - I will register the machine with abbots. And you're right I won't need the usb cable (wasn't aware it had software und usb to go with it). 🙂
I have registered all the OneTouches too (she has 3) and they do the same with the calibration liquid and batteries and even replace a tester.

Just registered the meter and ordered some solution. Also ordered some strips from the docs. Mentioned to the receptionist to please let me know if doc says I can't have them. She reckoned there shouldn't be any problem at all.

I had another proper look at the meter. I think I must have an old model, as I can't find anywhere to plug in the usb cable, nor are there any instructions in the user's guide. But I don't care, as we're only using it for ketones.

I had another proper look at the meter. I think I must have an old model, as I can't find anywhere to plug in the usb cable, nor are there any instructions in the user's guide. But I don't care, as we're only using it for ketones.

Where you insert the strip is the same place you insert the cable.

I am being patient and waiting till Remrafs is happy that enough time has past....

Sorry for the delay on this - I haven't been on for a few days, trying to stay off the laptop in the evenings as I work on a computer all day and I think I need to get a life!!

Anyway - I think the strips are margie's - if you PM me an address to send them to I'll get them in the post. Did you want the lancets too? 2 boxes of 200

Hi Margie,

I posted the strips to you today, the post office said you should get them Tuesday or Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back