Test Strip Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam, can you drive or are you learning? The medical questionaire from the DVLA asks insulin dependent diabetics if they test regularly in particular before driving. Your GP would be hard pushed to refuse you then?

Hmmm fair point, but if your levels are that far out that you need to test so regularly, your GP might advise you to stop driving. That then opens a whole new can of worms working that out with DVLA.

thats just it, my levels aren't that out. I am royally peeved because he is refusing to give me the same amount of strips that i have ALWAYS had. And besides, I am testing regularly because of the fact that a) my nurse has told me to and b) the change in insulin.

And I don't drive. I don't want to drive at the moment. Driving scares me 😛

And I don't drive. I don't want to drive at the moment. Driving scares me 😛

I have been driving for over three decades and it is the other drivers that scare me! Maybe I am just getting old but driving seemed more fun then.

Do you mean you can't get ketone strips?

I dont have ketone strips, why, does everyone else have them? Nikki do you mean the ones you put in the optium meter? I dont have those. Ive been told I can only have them if I get pregnant. Its even more of a sob story, I dont have pee sticks either and never been prescribed any (Is this because I was originally diagnosed as type 2??) he wouldnt give me any. ummmmm, I, errrrrm, dont test for keytones 😱 I have nothing to test with!

I dont have ketone strips, why, does everyone else have them? Nikki do you mean the ones you put in the optium meter? I dont have those. Ive been told I can only have them if I get pregnant. Its even more of a sob story, I dont have pee sticks either and never been prescribed any (Is this because I was originally diagnosed as type 2??) he wouldnt give me any. ummmmm, I, errrrrm, dont test for keytones 😱 I have nothing to test with!

Ah you posted this whilst i was PMing you. Yeah I have the optimum ketone ones and don't really need them, only test a few times a year for ketones.

my strips come in tubs of 51 i have a accu check compact meter i always thought it was a werid number lol

arr wright that is a weird number, thought your doc prescribed 102, u accu check should just round it off to 60, tighties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back