Telling it like it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting the link. I am type 2 and it has givenme a different way to look at things.

I think that is a great article, I may forward it to my parents as it explains how I feel very well. Although I am 35 I still have a battle with parents who are on one hand over protective but also dont really understand.

Blimey well written indeed, made me think too, this isn't good is it!:( Being honest I got a bit "wet eye" hey ho work to be doing!🙄

Blimey well written indeed, made me think too, this isn't good is it!:( Being honest I got a bit "wet eye" hey ho work to be doing!🙄

I didn't just get wet eye I actually started crying! think it's the pregnancy hormones though. Thanks for that thread patricia it explained exactly how I feel about diabetes I couldn't have put it better myself really I'm thinking i'll show my husband because I think we all try and tell people how we feel about the disease but never really quite manage to put across into words how it really does affect us. x

Yes, I agree...my own reaction was pretty profound! I've actually sent it to everyone who I think might be interested, and even some who won't but I wish were, if you know what I mean...

It's hard to say so much of this without being melodramatic or the opposite, too blase and scientific. I'm full of admiration for her.

xxoo

Very impressed with that extremely well written and heartfelt article.

Gives all the facts about the daily challenges facing us diabetics, but has lots of human emotion in it as well and is also very easy to read and empathise with the author.

Diabetics need more people like this to make the world understand more about this complicated (but manageable) disease.

NiVZ

The article is excellent. Some of the comments make me *headdesk* though.

Do you mean the non-diabetic lady who follows the 'semi-diabetic' diet because it's easy, and does most of her shopping in the 'diabetic aisle' (do we even have such a thing over here?)😱 Totally misses the point!

I think this young lady has summarized in a few short paragraphs how we all feel. :(

However, we cannot, and should not let diabetes stand in the way of living a full and active life!🙂

Toby

Wow, that's powerfully written.

Makes me feel dead guilty for having it so easy........

xx

Don't feel guilty HelenP -- good grief no! Everyone has so much on their plates. I guess I think of the article as more of an expression and awareness-raising, a kind of laying it on the line...but I hope it doesn't sound too much like 'life is hard'. This is always my worry about things like this...There are so many people and conditions which are just so much more dreadful...

But I think it hugely worth just saying 'hey, this is what it's like'. We all need to be understood and acknowledged.

xxoo

Just out of curiosity does anyone here have other medical conditions apart from diabetes that they have to live with?

Just out of curiosity does anyone here have other medical conditions apart from diabetes that they have to live with?

Not me, I'm lucky enough to be dead healthy (apart from the overweight-ness!), but I know there are lots on here who do have a lot to cope with.

xx

Yup, I have eczema and an endless list of allergies. The eczema is under control though and I manage to avoid most of the allergens, so I'm not about to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back