Teatime biscuits

Seem a tad tasty but pricey. I suppose it's a decision between going without, another name for depriving oneself, buying something which could be expensive, or making one's own mind up and reading the back of the packet and adjusting. It's awfully exhausting this diabetes malarkey!!!! Xxxxxxx
It does get very confusing! I have never counted numbers of calories or carbs consumed but I do look at the nutrition label and try to go low carb and low sugar.

Someone here on a thread where a lady with T2 was going on a coach journey where she wasn't sure what food would be available recommended Kind bars. Sadly I was in Tescos for the first time this year late afternoon having only had a piece of fruit at lunchtime. Yes just excuses. I spotted 3 bars for £2 and bought them. I had two in the car park because I was weak/hungry tempted. The bars are 30 grams each. If you have will power you could eat half. The one I chose was dark chocolate and nuts it also had salt which was almost too much for me. I don't put salt in my cooking or on my food but do like marmite. 7.2 gms carbs per bar. It's not 80% chocolate. My sister has a Tesco delivery and I've asked her to get me one. Other places do stock them.

I will have an occasional oatcake with almond butter. Not too high carb and I include it in total daily intake. Always try to add protein and fat to any carbs.

Someone here on a thread where a lady with T2 was going on a coach journey where she wasn't sure what food would be available recommended Kind bars. Sadly I was in Tescos for the first time this year late afternoon having only had a piece of fruit at lunchtime. Yes just excuses. I spotted 3 bars for £2 and bought them. I had two in the car park because I was weak/hungry tempted. The bars are 30 grams each. If you have will power you could eat half. The one I chose was dark chocolate and nuts it also had salt which was almost too much for me. I don't put salt in my cooking or on my food but do like marmite. 7.2 gms carbs per bar. It's not 80% chocolate. My sister has a Tesco delivery and I've asked her to get me one. Other places do stock them.

Yes, I've had the Kind crunchy peanut butter bar. delicious! These ones are slightly bigger at 42g, of which 9.6g carbs and 6.3g sugars. 10g protein. 14g fat. Is that good or bad?

Yes, I've had the Kind crunchy peanut butter bar. delicious! These ones are slightly bigger at 42g, of which 9.6g carbs and 6.3g sugars. 10g protein. 14g fat. Is that good or bad?
Having read some of your other threads unlike many T2 you do not need to lose weight @silver minion is with you on that and if you are currently being treated as T1 it becomes a different issue. I liked they were small enough to be a treat. The peanut ones were available but were not on offer and having had no chocolate for three months they were tempting plus I like almonds and dark chocolate. As far as the nutrition is concerned that may reflect on any other health concerns people have. I have high blood pressure so would be careful with too much salt. Almonds are good nuts to eat. I had 5 raw almonds as a snack today. Having been pleased to lose weight on low carb over the last few days I have been upping my carbs to 130 ish as I have recently been put on an SGLT2 which says don't use with low carb. I haven't found how low is low but some days I went down to 80 so am trying to bring it up. I eat a lot of fish which is effectively no carb.
I hope after such a difficult time you can recover your health and some joie de vivre.

Back