Tattoos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harryfarnf

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hello everyone!

I want to get a tattoo but I just want to clear up all the dos and donts of getting a tattoo.
I know I shouldn’t get it where I would normally inject, I just want to know what I should do to prepare for the tattoo as well as what I should do once I get it - in terms of reducing the possibility of getting infected. Are there things I should do that a non diabetic wouldn’t normally do?

No the aftercare is exactly the same as any non diabetic

Obviously it wouldn't be a great idea to get one if your hba1c and daily levels are on the high side as there is more risk of infection and also it would take longer to heal
xx

I'm not type 1 but have a lot of tattoos. Several done after diagnosis.
Make sure you take a suitable drink/snack with you and monitor your bloods. Tell your tattooist so they are aware in case you have a hypo. After care is the same for diabetics and non.

Hi @Harryfarnf, I'm not type 1 either but I have (only :D) four tats at the moment. Always make sure the tattoo parlour is scrupulously clean and that the area of skin chosen is well cleaned too. My first tattooist was very conscientious, and very trustworthy. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back