Tangerines

Largesse1!

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Walked passed the fruit bowl a minute ago and couldn't resist a tangerine. First time I've given in to such a temptation. What do you reckon forum?

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I find them a fairly BG-friendly fruit personally

an apple might be 15-20g of carbs, but tangerines and satsumas only seem to be 8-10g.

You meter would soon tell you if they aren‘t right for you, of course!

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My BGs likes them but only one.
Depending on my levels I am also fine with a nice juicy pear or a large apple .
It does my heart good when I can eat and not need any insulin.

When they have ripened I am going to do some experimenting with some nectarines ,should be fine the peaches I had were ok.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Now I can tolerate pear and apples too, but nectarines can be a bit hit and miss. Have them every now and again.

Reactions: Ljc

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
What would be indulgence... a banana ha

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Tangerines, satsumas etc are approx 8g, 10g if it's a big un when you peel it - many have a space between skin and fruit so aren't as big as they look hence on insulin - don't bolus before you eyeball!

Only like properly sun ripened nectarines and peaches, worth every penny of getting on for 20g carb, so not concerned that I can only eat them abroad, cos they are a treat, like pistachio ice cream LOL

Stick your bananas @PhoebeC

Indulgence is pineapple! (fresh pineapple, offered by a small boy with a machete nearly as big as him to peel and slice it, handed across to you in a brand new clear polythene bag on a beach in Goa, for the princely sum of 20rup when there were 16rup to the £1, same price as a bottle of Cobra/Kingfisher etc)

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Tangerines, satsumas etc are approx 8g, 10g if it's a big un when you peel it - many have a space between skin and fruit so aren't as big as they look hence on insulin - don't bolus before you eyeball!

Only like properly sun ripened nectarines and peaches, worth every penny of getting on for 20g carb, so not concerned that I can only eat them abroad, cos they are a treat, like pistachio ice cream LOL

Stick your bananas @PhoebeC

Indulgence is pineapple! (fresh pineapple, offered by a small boy with a machete nearly as big as him to peel and slice it, handed across to you in a brand new clear polythene bag on a beach in Goa, for the princely sum of 20rup when there were 16rup to the £1, same price as a bottle of Cobra/Kingfisher etc)
You’ve now got me fancying some pineapple.

I have completed several successful experiments with nectarines.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2