Taking longer for glucose levels to come down

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes my brain hurt. I'm in the UK and followed the above advice of counting all carbs, kind of overlooking the (of which sugars) Is that right?
That is 100% right.
If you are using the nutritional values on the packaging in the UK, this is exactly what you need to do.

If you are ever tempted to look up the carb content online because, for example, your apples do not have a nutritional content label, I recommend using the website from a UK supermarket.

Sorry for making your brain hurt 🙂

This makes my brain hurt. I'm in the UK and followed the above advice of counting all carbs, kind of overlooking the (of which sugars) Is that right?
Yes.

If you are using uk labels and sources then that’s exactly right.

Exactly the way round I would do it @jimmymumu

’of which sugars‘ is pretty much irrelevant to me - I’d much rather have the total carbs 🙂

As a diligent Type 1, I weighed the dates and looked online for the carbs per 100 grams to calculate my insulin dose. I made a school-girl error: I used a US site and forgot to subtract the fiber. There is quite a bit in dates.
Why not just check them on a supermarket website then you know it’s UK information. I have the Tesco and Sainsburys apps and use them.

Why not just check them on a supermarket website then you know it’s UK information. I have the Tesco and Sainsburys apps and use them.
Yes. That is exactly what I advised above.
However, some of the fruit I get in my veg box is not available in UK supermarkets as I like eating something different. So, it is good to know to check for fiber/fibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back