T2: dropping blood sugar levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can relate, have over 30 complex conditions including 8 gut/bowel conditions and due to past bariatric surgery suffer with dumping syndrome if I mess up my carb and sugar levels. Glad you have access to an endocrinologist and have found us .
Hi I hope you’re well. I dint know who this post is for. Endocrinologist?

The message I don’t know why you’re confused! Have a good day

The message I don’t know why you’re confused! Have a good day
Because of the points I made, sorry have brain damage from my diabetes so not always good at understanding things like why others are asking me questions, you too.

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed about 2.5 years ago, and generally everything has gone well. Weight loss, feeling great etc, plus a better diet and more exercise. The only problems I had at the start were rapid blood sugar drops, this resulted in my doctor taking me off two tablets, so I am am using only Janumet which is a mix of metformin and something else. However, over the last day may blood sugars have started to spike and drop quite alarmingly. The lunch spike was expected, I had little choice so had a carbi lunch. This took it to 230 mg/dl (too high), then later two hours after dinner it fell to 51mg/dl (2.8 m/mol). The spike was expected, due to limited lunch options, however the drop after dinner was more worrying. Today, everything was back to a typical wake up reading of about 100mg/dl, but after eating it went to 64mg/dl, which triggered the red warning (again). The lunch contained eggs and waffles in a restaurant, I allow myself a non-diet/carb meal or two a week, so it should have raised it. In both cases the food I ate prior to the crash was quite different. I think 51 is the lowest I have ever had.

I am wondering if this is in any way related to the cold weather. When I get these drops I find carbs fast, or eat glucose tablets. That seems to help, but I would rather not stay in that situation. If it continues I may seek medical help.

As a general note, for the last two years my blood sugar levels have been pretty boring. Although on meds, they are comparable to that of a normal person. Severe drops only really occurred in the last twelve months when I started doing exercise in the gym. However, I have not been to the gym this week due to the weather conditions.
I read an American diabetic magazine on diabetes and thought it was great. It’s called Diatribe! It also settles the disagreements on what we can eat and tolerate. Some can sone can’t hope they get your BG sorted soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back