t1 - how long do you wait to correct morning liver dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter straight away, novo rapid is not amazingly fast anyway.
I'm trying this. I usually spend 10 mins or so pottering around while half asleep before getting it together enough to take rapid first thing, if I take it.

There seem to be two things happening:

1. fotf (maybe 1mmol increase, maybe a bit more)
Find if don't eat within hour of waking then get big liver dump,
2. this is valuable information, thank you. From what I've additionally discovered, counter-intuitively, one may need a few carbs at that time to halt the liver dump. A 0-carb breakfast won't do it. 6 hrs it lasted yesterday. This morning, had pilchards on toast, dosed for it, and though peak was over 11 it was relatively narrow and back to 6.4 3-ish hrs later.

Get slightly rise in bg from 3am onwards up to waking, but pump takes care of that.
sorry for all the questions - but how long do you sleep?
I sleep for 6-ish hrs. if bg is declining overnight, it reaches its lowest point about 30 mins before waking up according to the daily graphs. if I sleep anything much over 7 1/2 hrs I'll wake up tired with a relentlessly increasing glucose

sorry for all the questions - but how long do you sleep?
I sleep for 6-ish hrs. if bg is declining overnight, it reaches its lowest point about 30 mins before waking up according to the daily graphs. if I sleep anything much over 7 1/2 hrs I'll wake up tired with a relentlessly increasing glucose

In bed most nights by 10 & usually get up around 6.30, today slept till 7.10 but that's lie in for me as like to be up & make most of each day.

So 8 on average, like me sleep but there was a time when 6 was norm & even as little as 4hrs a day when kids were little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back