Switching off

Status
Not open for further replies.
By getting a phone compatible with the app would mean downgrading as as any new phone will not be tested for compatibility.

Does the Dexcom One app load on your phone? Or is it refused with a warning?

Managed to create an account however couldn't get any further. I have tried to log in but it just clears the email box everytime I enter my email so assume my account was deleted or not valid as could not get any further.

I'm sure they don't care about the receivers. The money will be in the sensors. I imagine the US is their main market and covering most iPhones (and Samsung phones) covers most customers.
When I looked today out of curiosity, it implied that most Samsung phones were supported on Android OS 10, with a couple also supported on 11. My phone is on 12... so if they aren't updating to even an OS which isn't the current OS for most Samsung phones, then I can completely see why @HalfpipMarathon is saying they would have to downgrade

When I looked today out of curiosity, it implied that most Samsung phones were supported on Android OS 10, with a couple also supported on 11. My phone is on 12... so if they aren't updating to even an OS which isn't the current OS for most Samsung phones, then I can completely see why @HalfpipMarathon is saying they would have to downgrade
Thank you for your reply. So upgrading is pointless; if you want to use the App you have to downgrade or get a cheap secondhand phone just for the app which one shouldn't have to do.

Thank you for your reply. So upgrading is pointless; if you want to use the App you have to downgrade or get a cheap secondhand phone just for the app which one shouldn't have to do.
I guess it depends whether the app does actually work on the higher OS but they won't "support" I.e. any problems and they say they can't troubleshoot for you, or whether it just doesn't work at all.

Dexcom one and dexcom clarity app was fine on my iPhone 8 and my iPhone 13 mini, both latest ios

Dexcom one and dexcom clarity app was fine on my iPhone 8 and my iPhone 13 mini, both latest ios
I don't have an iPhone and don't really want one. My phone (Sony Xperia 5) is compatible with the Clarity app but not the Dexcom One app. I thought you needed a computer to download the information from the receiver for the Clarity app unless I am wrong.

I don't have an iPhone and don't really want one. My phone (Sony Xperia 5) is compatible with the Clarity app but not the Dexcom One app. I thought you needed a computer to download the information from the receiver for the Clarity app unless I am wrong.
You must know someone that owns a computer?

I have a microbook but what I am saying is not much point the Clarity app being on a phone if you have to use a computer unless I am missing something.
There'd be more of a delay than if everything ran on your phone. I may be quite wrong, but I'm imagining the Clarity app reads data from the Clarity web service, so if you can (occasionally) use someone's computer to upload the data from your receiver then you could then view it from your phone.

I have a microbook but what I am saying is not much point the Clarity app being on a phone if you have to use a computer unless I am missing something.
Hello @HalfpipMarathon,
I have a Samsung A5, now frozen at Android version 8 andan A51, android version 12. Both are incompatible with the Dexcom One app and neither will progress beyond telling me that each is incompatible.

Out of curiosity I installed the Dexcom Clarity app on my younger A51, which initially indicated it was incompatible with Clarity, but then (behind the scenes) proceeded to install it anyway and made the association with my original registration with Dexcom and adopted the data from that registration onto the Clarity profile app. So now I can see the potential of the Clarity app, but because I don't yet have a sensor I can't see any data. But I wonder if you were able to install the Clarity app onto your phone, would that then see the data from your Reader? Worth a try, perhaps?

There'd be more of a delay than if everything ran on your phone. I may be quite wrong, but I'm imagining the Clarity app reads data from the Clarity web service, so if you can (occasionally) use someone's computer to upload the data from your receiver then you could then view it from your phone

Hello @HalfpipMarathon,
I have a Samsung A5, now frozen at Android version 8 andan A51, android version 12. Both are incompatible with the Dexcom One app and neither will progress beyond telling me that each is incompatible.

Out of curiosity I installed the Dexcom Clarity app on my younger A51, which initially indicated it was incompatible with Clarity, but then (behind the scenes) proceeded to install it anyway and made the association with my original registration with Dexcom and adopted the data from that registration onto the Clarity profile app. So now I can see the potential of the Clarity app, but because I don't yet have a sensor I can't see any data. But I wonder if you were able to install the Clarity app onto your phone, would that then see the data from your Reader? Worth a try, perhaps?
I thought about that but according to Dexcom when I asked you need a PC but my argument is why have an app if you have to use a computer. I have downloaded the app but not gone any further. Not sure what the difference is between Clarity and the Dexcom One app if they both give you data off your sensor

I have been looking at what phones are compatible with the Dexcom One app but because I have the receiver feel it would be a waste. At least Dexcom have the receiver so you can use your phone if it's not compatible unlike another cgm.

I don't currently have a sensor on as removed Thursday night. I'm still debating whether to insert the second sensor with the first transmitter and give it another go but on back of my arm.

I'm going to try and not stress over high readings and take them at face value but use them to make a better food choice and/or look at the TIR and try and improve that.

I thought about that but according to Dexcom when I asked you need a PC but my argument is why have an app if you have to use a computer. I have downloaded the app but not gone any further. Not sure what the difference is between Clarity and the Dexcom One app if they both give you data off your sensor

I have been looking at what phones are compatible with the Dexcom One app but because I have the receiver feel it would be a waste. At least Dexcom have the receiver so you can use your phone if it's not compatible unlike another cgm.
So I'm guessing here: but I expect the Dexcom One app, or the Dexcom One Receiver, to receive the sensor transmissions, similarly as a Dexcom G6 app would receive G6 transmissions. These are translated by algorithms into the graphs you see on the Receiver and would in theory see on a phone app, along with trend arrows; all of that allows you to be alerted when below or above the thresholds you've set and to assess if a particular meal was managed by your body well or badly. Plus of course some limited info about time in range.

Whereas I suspect the Clarity views provide more "reports" using the data being accrued by the Dexcom One specific app or Reader. These reports seem to be viewable across different time intervals: 2, 7,14, 30 or 90 days and allow a fuller interpretation and analysis of your basic data. It may also be that the Clarity app is able to take data from the different sensors and perhaps is not specific to Dexcom One, G6 or G7.
I don't currently have a sensor on as removed Thursday night. I'm still debating whether to insert the second sensor with the first transmitter and give it another go but on back of my arm.
Yes, understood. But presumably your 6 or 7 days of sensor data still exists on your Reader - its just a matter of whether the Clarity app on your phone can see the Dexcom One Receiver data, by Bluetooth, share or even possibly by NFC scan. I can't explore that possibility.
I'm going to try and not stress over high readings and take them at face value but use them to make a better food choice and/or look at the TIR and try and improve that.
Seems a good, positive viewpoint. My perspective is when I've had a bad period I try to identify what might have caused that and if I can, perhaps a lesson learnt. But if I can't identify what or why I try to move on, putting it behind me and accepting that time out of range can never be reversed, so out of any possible retrospective control. Stress is bad for our BG and so avoiding stress is very important to me; when I do get stressed (still too often than is good for me) I try to make a conscious (mindful) effort to relax, accept, forgive and enjoy the next moment - somehow!

As I understand it, the Dexcom One (and other) apps upload the data from your sensors to the Clarity web service. And you can also do that with the receiver, but that also needs a computer.

Then you can look at all that data (from many sensors, so covering more than 10 days) either on a web page or through the Clarity app. And you can also allow other people (typically a hospital team) to view the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back