Switching from Libre 2 to Dexcom One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, did anyone end up swapping from the Libre 2 to the Dexcom ONE please? If so, do you prefer it? Would ideally like the g6 but the funding for this seems to vary considerably around the country so if anyone has managed to get one of these then where are you based please?

I presume it'll be no better than the usual Bluetooth range (so 10m).
Actually it might be a bit better because the transmitter is perhaps big enough to have a larger battery? On the other hand it lasts for 3 months (I think). (And it's non-rechargeable. I could imagine a different design where you had to recharge it once every few days. Would be a bit annoying but it could have more power (and would involve less waste).)

I have used both but self funded for both so can’t offer advice on getting funding

Actually it might be a bit better because the transmitter is perhaps big enough to have a larger battery? On the other hand it lasts for 3 months (I think). (And it's non-rechargeable. I could imagine a different design where you had to recharge it once every few days. Would be a bit annoying but it could have more power (and would involve less waste).)
I've just been researching the three alternatives. As I understand it, the Dexcom One has a transmitter that has a battery life of 3 months. The Glucomen Day has a rechargeable one which is an added thing to get wrong, although they supply twi in a starter kit I think. My favourite is the GlucoRX Aidex which has NO battery in the transmitter - just the Bluetooth gubbins, and is powered from the 14 day sensor battery. Neat solution eh? No chucking away good electronics, use a battery in a bit you have to change anyway. and it's a UK company🙂. OK they're made in China but cheap as chips I reckon. GlucoRX's intellectual property will be in this country so hopefully the majority of the profit.

The only downside I can see so far, is the cloud reporting. My endo isn't as impressed with it for her requirements. In fact she said the Libre one "was without comparison". I took that to mean good!

I've just been researching the three alternatives. As I understand it, the Dexcom One has a transmitter that has a battery life of 3 months. The Glucomen Day has a rechargeable one which is an added thing to get wrong, although they supply twi in a starter kit I think. My favourite is the GlucoRX Aidex which has NO battery in the transmitter - just the Bluetooth gubbins, and is powered from the 14 day sensor battery. Neat solution eh? No chucking away good electronics, use a battery in a bit you have to change anyway. and it's a UK company🙂. OK they're made in China but cheap as chips I reckon. GlucoRX's intellectual property will be in this country so hopefully the majority of the profit.

The only downside I can see so far, is the cloud reporting. My endo isn't as impressed with it for her requirements. In fact she said the Libre one "was without comparison". I took that to mean good!
Main downside I found to Aidex and Glucomen day was that they were much less accurate than libre and dexcom one. Even as a self funder it’s worth me paying the extra for the bigger 2 companies

Main downside I found to Aidex and Glucomen day was that they were much less accurate than libre and dexcom one. Even as a self funder it’s worth me paying the extra for the bigger 2 companies
That's interesting. All are quoted in a document I found on NHS Supply Chain as very close. As is Libre too, but we all know how variable they can be.

Food for thought though.

Hi, did anyone end up swapping from the Libre 2 to the Dexcom ONE please? If so, do you prefer it? Would ideally like the g6 but the funding for this seems to vary considerably around the country so if anyone has managed to get one of these then where are you based please?

Hi! I am attempting this switch. I self-funded a Dexcom One trial as I was getting tired of inaccurate Libre 2 sensors. I bought the three month trial, plus the receiver as my phone is incompatible with Dexcom One.

I have had greater success in terms of accuracy with Dex vs Libre - I'd say about 40% of my Libre sensors were accurate and lasted the full 14 days without issue, vs about 75% of Dex. I like that I don't have to scan / deal with signal loss / scan not working messages - instead I just tap the button on the receiver. Having the receiver does mean carrying around an additional piece of tech, but given that it's a CGM, I don't mind as I'm not sure I'd cope psychologically with seeing my BGL every time I tapped my phone. The 10 day v 14 day switch isn't an issue given how frequently I was changing out faulty Libre sensors.

Dexcom customer service is great - though I've no complaints about Libre CS either.

My DSN agreed to switch my prescription when I saw her last week, however I've now run into a wall with my GP (I posted a thread on this yesterday). My GP (well, a receptionist) says they will give me the sensors, but I will have to self-fund the transmitter (ie, the bit that snaps into the sensor and sends the reading to either the phone or receiver ...) I'm waiting to have this cleared up by my DSN. Without the transmitter, the sensors don't work. I'm hoping this is just confusion on the part of my GP.

I'd really LOVE a G6 as it allows for calibration. I'm not especially laid back about my diabetes management, so the inaccurate sensors stress me out. Alas, I doubt I'd qualify for funding for a G6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back