• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Sweet Magazine

Sounds great but does anyone know if its child friendly? I wouldnt want my 10 year old reading anything scary! Thanks . Bev

Sounds great but does anyone know if its child friendly? I wouldnt want my 10 year old reading anything scary! Thanks . Bev
Definitely! The last issue had a few features relating to children with diabetes, it would prob be a great read for you as the features are targeted at parents. There was an interesting feature and cases study about twins, one of which had type 1. It's not scary at all, very positive!
Nic

Poems for Sweet

Coo! I just got a reply from my enquiry about whether they'd be interested in my poems - they said they'd like to have a look, so here goes!:)

Brilliant news - here's to the fame of Milly and Molly Moles spreading!

Oh wow!
I am so happy for you northerner!

Please remember us when your rich and famous - and Alex and i still want a signed copy of your book when it comes out!:DBev

Oh wow!
I am so happy for you northerner!

Please remember us when your rich and famous - and Alex and i still want a signed copy of your book when it comes out!:DBev

Well, they haven't said 'yes' yet, just that they might be interested, so I'm not getting carried away! Although it would be nice after my abject failure to win the euromillions on Friday...!

Well, they haven't said 'yes' yet, just that they might be interested, so I'm not getting carried away! Although it would be nice after my abject failure to win the euromillions on Friday...!

There is always next week it is anouther rollover the officel lottery site say it jackpot is ?90,120,000 nice might get a ticket and chance it

Sadly, Northerner, you're right to be a realist, but I hope your poems will be published, in Sweet or elsewhere, to reach a larger audience than these boards. Unfortunately, I have had articles published over the years, and not always been paid - once a paper went bust between publishing my piece, but before paying me. On another occasion, a website declined my offer of an article (about health on adventure races), but a year later, I revised it and sold it to another. My only aim was to get useful advice into the public domain, where it could help others, so money wasn't the issue in that case.

fingers crossed Alan, I am thinking of subscribing to this magazine, have brought the last 2 copies and thought they were pretty good. I can also pass them on to my in-laws to read after me.

Back