Sweet magazine/Balance magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Got the latest ones today

Found it very interesting this time around. Good article about a new drug for T2s

Balance I find less useful, but what really amused me was the lealet inside to plan your own funeral - a great thing for any diabetic reader, that would really cheer them up !?!?!?

Hope everyone is well.

Hazel

hi i get neither mags , they was a hugh thread on here a while back about an article in balance i think it was ,

lol yes planning your own funeral how depressing , saying that my o/h came home with a will for me and him 2 weeks ago that got my mind boggling as to what he got planned for me 😱😱:D

I get both, hopefully there will be something waiting for me when I get home. Yes the thread was about Balance magazine because the opnions of a nurse (or ex nurse) were published and lots of people got upset about it.

I keep showing hubby the adverts for showers and baths that come with the magazines.

We have an undertakers on the corner of our road, so the adverts planning your own funeral don't bother me. It makes sense thoe as they can be expesive for those left behind. I want my family to enjoy whatever I leave, not the funeral directors and undertakers...

Caroline; I keep showing hubby the adverts for showers and baths that come with the magazines. you trying to hint on are you then Caroline :D ..[/QUOTE said:

We have lived i n our house for 22 years and about 1 month (we moved just before big boys first birthday) and I was promised a shower.

looks like we might get one thoe, I spotted an advert in another magazine andleft him to find out more. Apparently because twoof us have long term medical conditions we ccan get VAT releif or a VAT refund. It is made to measure. If he still has the advert I'll post the website and telephone number off subject for every one to look at.

We have lived i n our house for 22 years and about 1 month (we moved just before big boys first birthday) and I was promised a shower.

looks like we might get one thoe, I spotted an advert in another magazine andleft him to find out more. Apparently because twoof us have long term medical conditions we ccan get VAT releif or a VAT refund. It is made to measure. If he still has the advert I'll post the website and telephone number off subject for every one to look at.

oohh right sounds promising then , good luck with that 1 , im still triyng to get a shower curtain outta my o/h 🙂🙂

oohh right sounds promising then , good luck with that 1 , im still triyng to get a shower curtain outta my o/h 🙂🙂

He did phone up for a brochure and more information, must ask where he put the advert so that everyone else can take a look and make up their own mind. I was actually promised a shower when we got our own place, we got married in 1981, sometimes it feels like I been waiting for a shower since 1881! WIll put the saga of the non existent shower off subject if anyone wants to know.

yes good on him tho looks like he got the hint

I see that the Balance editor is still unrepentant about printing our nurse's inflammatory and goading opinions on injecting, claiming that such 'debate' is healthy and useful in some way. Sorry, I still don't see the need to print her second letter - I half expected to see a double-page spread of her wonderful words of wisdom on all topics diabetic, thankfully I was disappointed in this expectation😉

And still no mention of these forums, as though the hundreds of people who have posted here provide nothing of value. I really don't understand DUK's attitude to this.

I see that the Balance editor is still unrepentant about printing our nurse's inflammatory and goading opinions on injecting, claiming that such 'debate' is healthy and useful in some way. Sorry, I still don't see the need to print her second letter - I half expected to see a double-page spread of her wonderful words of wisdom on all topics diabetic, thankfully I was disappointed in this expectation😉

And still no mention of these forums, as though the hundreds of people who have posted here provide nothing of value. I really don't understand DUK's attitude to this.

We know we are wonderful Northener, and we each do our bit to advertise these brilliant forums. Balance provides us with a talking point, even if it is the inflamatory nurse and her opinions, it still has us talking!

Maybe everyone on here should write a letter for the next edition telling people to visit this site, we could take over the letters page!!

Maybe everyone on here should write a letter for the next edition telling people to visit this site, we could take over the letters page!!

I'm willing, any one else up for it? We could write and email!

Yeah lets go for it !!

Post has been a bit strange in London of late! But I still haven't got the latest Balance! Am I alone?

Cheers for the email addy Northener, I think it's a good idea for us all to jot something down to send to them, I'll look through previous copy to get a feel for what they print!

Post has been a bit strange in London of late! But I still haven't got the latest Balance! Am I alone?

Cheers for the email addy Northener, I think it's a good idea for us all to jot something down to send to them, I'll look through previous copy to get a feel for what they print!

I'm not in London and I have got mine but I know in recent months I've got mine about a week aftereveryone else, I think they send them out over a long space of time.

I'll write/email too. If they gets lots I'd hope they'd have to print at least one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back