swaped backround insullin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the 3.4 retest a finger prick or Libre reading? My Libre reading always goes lower before it comes up even though my finger prick shows I am well above 4 15 mins later.

This is totally the attitude to have! Good for you! You do your best. If it doesn't work perfectly, you just have to look and see what you could perhaps have done better.... maybe 3JBs instead of 2 next time, maybe not.... and then just shrug and accept that this is the nature of diabetes.
The extra basal insulin still in your system from the Tresiba as well as the Levemir is likely responsible and there is not a lot you can do about that, so just keep an eye on it and keep topping up with carbs when you need to.

Be brave and enjoy! If it goes wrong, look and see what you can learn from it but don't let it put you off.
or maybe guose tabets instead wich tend to work a bit quicker the jelly babies i think and it was a finger pick the lowest the libre recording by scaning was 3.9 at which point i had allready treeted it.

or maybe guose tabets instead wich tend to work a bit quicker the jelly babies i think and it was a finger pick the lowest the libre recording by scaning was 3.9 at which point i had allready treeted it.
I ate the pizza

Good for you! Hope it was good and your levels behave themselves afterwards.

As regards JBs and Glucose tablets, yes, the glucose tablets will usually be marginally quicker, but if you chew them really thoroughly the JBs can work pretty effectively for most people. What many people don't realise is that chewing them a lot rather than a couple of chews and swallowing, will actually get the glucose from them into your blood stream faster because the body will start to absorb the glucose through the tissue inside your mouth, so taking time to chew them well will release the glucose slightly faster...... Of course if all you have left is green JBs, then it is perfectly acceptable to chew as few times as necessary to be able to swallow them, as we all know they taste yuk! o_O

Sorry you’re totally wrong @rebrascora Any green jelly babies are to be sent to me - I love them! :D
I always knew you were weird!! 😉 Now we have it in writing! Everyone knows the green ones are awful.
I can call on any number of experts to support my case. If you want really "big guns" I call @Northerner as my first witness! I think he has even written a poem on the subject.

I always knew you were weird!! 😉 Now we have it in writing! Everyone knows the green ones are awful.
I can call on any number of experts to support my case. If you want really "big guns" I call @Northerner as my first witness! I think he has even written a poem on the subject.
jellybabies.JPG

It cannot be so far away,
When dawns that dreadful, fateful day
As, reaching to treat my hypo shocks,
I find just green ones in the box!

Oh, tell me Mr Basset please
Why waste your time producing these?
Tart on tongue, and jealous hue,
An aberration! Shame on you!

For lusty red, beguiling black
I could consume those by the sack!
Bright orange, sunny yellow too –
I’d even accept a baleful blue!

But green brings foaming at the mouth,
One eye looks North, the other South,
Gripped by a kind of emerald rabies,
The Dark Lord of the Jelly Babies! 😱 :D

I think its peaking around the time i have lunch. So u guess ill move mealtime routine back a bit. Ans maybe have a snack inbetween

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-26-13-10-06.png
    Screenshot_2021-11-26-13-10-06.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 2
i know its its only been a few days but think i decided allready that livermirs not for me i think rather stick with trisbriba and just pefer in the evening when i've had a buiser day. because i find myslef eating freguttly in the midle of the night now and droping in the day.

i know its its only been a few days but think i decided allready that livermirs not for me i think rather stick with trisbriba and just pefer in the evening when i've had a buiser day. because i find myslef eating freguttly in the midle of the night now and droping in the day.
It may just be that you need the doses adjusted. It could be that your remaining beta cells which produce insulin have had a rest as a result of you injecting insulin and they are now firing up with more enthusiasm. This is common within the first few months of diagnosis and is part of the honeymoon period, but if you want to go back to Tresiba then do so. You can always try Levemir again at a later date if you want to try again some time.
It may be that you will need a Tresiba dose reduction when you go back to that if it is just a honeymooning issue. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back