*SURVEY CLOSED* Predictors of psychological functioning among adults with Type 1 Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! 🙂

My name is Wiktoria and I am a second-year master’s degree student in psychology at Arden University.

I am asking you, people with Type 1 Diabetes, to kindly fill out the following questionnaire, which will help me in writing my master’s thesis.

I myself have constantly endured the difficulties of living with diabetes for more than 15 years, and the main purpose of this thesis is to investigate predictors of psychological functioning among adults with Type 1 Diabetes, which consequently should draw attention to the problem in order to help with future education and more effective self-management, for both, those with the disease and their loved ones.

Participation in the study is anonymous and voluntary, and the results will be generalized. The entire survey should take about 15-25 minutes.

https://research.sc/participant/login/dynamic/EBA67DB4-71A7-45D0-9024-623EEBFDAFE0

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me 🙂

Thank you very much for your help and your time.

This study has been approved by Mike @everydayupsanddowns
Hi Wiktoria,
I completed your questionnaire and was looking at the closing notes and references, before submitting my answers. I then couldn't return to my answers to submit them! So I'm guessing my answers are now lost in that humongous pile of data sitting somewhere in the never to be seen again "never-world".

Before I re-do and re-submit do you have any visibility of my answers or is that a silly question?

I am actually T3c, having no pancreas; but my Hospital discharge paperwork after my surgery recorded me as T1 and I tell those uncertain about what T3c means that I am as if T1. OK?

Hi Wiktoria,
I completed your questionnaire and was looking at the closing notes and references, before submitting my answers. I then couldn't return to my answers to submit them! So I'm guessing my answers are now lost in that humongous pile of data sitting somewhere in the never to be seen again "never-world".

Before I re-do and re-submit do you have any visibility of my answers or is that a silly question?

I am actually T3c, having no pancreas; but my Hospital discharge paperwork after my surgery recorded me as T1 and I tell those uncertain about what T3c means that I am as if T1. OK?
Hi!
Honestly speaking, it is hard to say. As the survey is fully anonymous I cannot even say which one could be yours. I have information about 2 surveys being live (means that someone is in the middle of doing it) and 2 surveys that had been done today. Maybe one of those "live" ones is yours, but unfortunately I cannot say that for sure.
It would be the best if you could do it again, so we will know for sure, once you hit the SUBMIT button! 🙂

Thank you again!

OK Wiktoria, just submitted.

Tiny constructive comment: now it's submitted I can't get back easily to the penultimate page to make a note of the suggested places to find out more .... without redoing the complete questionnaire. That info would be far better placed on the final page after submission. I now already know that trying to follow up on any of those links prevents me from getting back to my completed but unsubmitted answers.

OK Wiktoria, just submitted.

Tiny constructive comment: now it's submitted I can't get back easily to the penultimate page to make a note of the suggested places to find out more .... without redoing the complete questionnaire. That info would be far better placed on the final page after submission. I now already know that trying to follow up on any of those links prevents me from getting back to my completed but unsubmitted answers.
Thank you! 🙂 I will keep that in mind! This is the kind of thing that comes out already when the surveys are sent out, I wouldn't have thought of it before.
Wish you best!

My approach to my diabetes management is not exactly standard so I am not sure my results would be helpful or that the questions would be relevant. I follow a low carb way of eating, I rarely carb count and I mostly inject according to my Libre readings and I stack corrections for protein release or indeed any increase in BG levels. I effectively treat my diabetes like a long running computer game with the help of Libre and once my basal doses are as near correct as I can get them, I just nudge levels one way or the other with insulin or carbs.

My approach to my diabetes management is not exactly standard so I am not sure my results would be helpful or that the questions would be relevant. I follow a low carb way of eating, I rarely carb count and I mostly inject according to my Libre readings and I stack corrections for protein release or indeed any increase in BG levels. I effectively treat my diabetes like a long running computer game with the help of Libre and once my basal doses are as near correct as I can get them, I just nudge levels one way or the other with insulin or carbs.
That is not a problem. Just answer a questions however you feel like it! I am not judging how people are managing their diabetes, I am checking do they have knowledge of how to manage the disease and how this (if at all) affects other factors 🙂

Done. Not sure if you needed anymore - it only took a few mins to complete

Done. Not sure if you needed anymore - it only took a few mins to complete
Thank you! 😉
Still 8 left :( I think people are a bit scared with all this reading, but it is really quite simple questionnaire 🙂

If you are one of those hesitating about completing this questionnaire, you might find it helpful to know that it's pretty straightforward, not intrusive and should you decide having got to the end that you don't want to "submit" your answers you can just stop without completing. Most of the questions are subject to your judgement and you are not asked anything that can possibly identify you.

Done! Hope it's helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back