Surrendering drivers license.

Sorry to hear you’ve had to gove up your license @Bedford 1

Hope you find some enjoyment and benefits in being chauffeured everywhere.

Should make it easier to be dropped right at the door while Jeeves goes off and finds a parking space?

Having just turned 70 have had to surrender my driving license. As well as having diabetes I also have a rare incurable condition that can be aggravated by the diabetes. Being driven every where now!
I know this can be difficult. Last year I was told not to drive whilst on some prednisone eye drops then I delayed again awaiting new glasses. I noticed time I wasn't driving I walked more. Now having had the dvla eye test I can drive. I still bus to the city as parking is so expensive. If I wanted to see my sister instead of a 20 minute drive it could take hour and a half by bus. However the journeys were lovely. It's rural in parts here. I'm due some cataract ops soon so driving rest again. I suspect if I hadn't spent the time walking my newly diagnosed diabetes in
July would have been a lot higher.
Hope you have the support that means you will be able to look at the positive side of being chauffeured.

Thanks everyone for the help and support. Unfortunately now virtually wheelchair bound so difficult to get out. Would love to be able to do some exercises to help get my weight down.

Thanks everyone for the help and support. Unfortunately now virtually wheelchair bound so difficult to get out. Would love to be able to do some exercises to help get my weight down.
Look up wheelchair exercises or chair exercises on google or YouTube, there’s plenty out there

Back