Suddenly thinking about the the advantages and disadvantages of livermir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Differtty more complicated without anything on you to work it out I think(however I no the libre doesn't seem to work on me I know off other people which had the same issues when you only get two that last out of 4 months then it's 4 months then its diffinatlly then you can't work stuff out anyway ). I don't think I would get one trying to adjust for the timings I was doing. I do adjust my dose for amount of activity I do in day at work (haven't worked for s while) on top of that it would add more complication to it.
Just to say as I k
Differtty more complicated without anything on you to work it out I think(however I no the libre doesn't seem to work on me I know off other people which had the same issues when you only get two that last out of 4 months then it's 4 months then its diffinatlly then you can't work stuff out anyway ). I don't think I would get one trying to adjust for the timings I was doing. I do adjust my dose for amount of activity I do in day at work (haven't worked for s while) on top of that it would add more complication to it.
Just to say as I know people have got that impression before I'm not looking for problems I just know that what's sugusted(even though appricated it doesn't work me) however saying all this thieres actually times when my work interfires with sleep anyway so maybe I am over thinking stuff.

Now I know the exact timing doesn't meter but wouldn't want to take 1 at say 9am and then the next and midnight or 1am

Do you actually enjoy your job? It sounds like you find it a stressful job and too unpredictable for you, not just because of diabetes but in general because of not knowing what shifts you will be doing. Have you looked for other jobs that might suit your personality more because of working more regular hours.

Do you actually enjoy your job? It sounds like you find it a stressful job and too unpredictable for you, not just because of diabetes but in general because of not knowing what shifts you will be doing. Have you looked for other jobs that might suit your personality more because of working more regular hours.
Yes I do enjoy my job as much as I say it's difficult to predict and know what to do in terms of adjusting(if I didn't I wouldn't be applying for the shifts) I would have never considered giving it up before being diganosed why should I now. I thought I said I do enjoy it and actually find I'm missing it now.

I don't really think you can judge somethimes personity over the internet or even not over the internet in teams of what job suits them. Sorry if I made it sound it like I don't enjoy my job but I do and the opportunitys to travel to varrious diffent events I actually find I'm missing it while I've been ill I don't want to give it up and shouldn't let diabetes stop me from all I was doing before.

Last edited:
I don't really think you can judge somethimes personity over the internet or even not over the internet in teams of what job suits them. Sorry if I made it sound it like I don't enjoy my job but I do and the opportunitys to travel to varrious diffent events I actually find I'm missing it while I've been ill I don't want to give it up and shouldn't let diabetes stop me from all I was doing before.
I completely understand you saying you don't want to let your diabetes take over your life, and I absolutely agree, but you also have to accept that whether you like it or not, diabetes DOES change things. We have to be far more mindful of what we do than we did before we were diagnosed, and things like shift work - which is unhealthy for anybody over the long term - doesn't help matters. You have to consider whether your lifestyle is part of the cause of your problems.

I appreciate and am sensitive to the fact that you're adjusting to a new way of life after having recently been diagnosed, and I understand that you do of course enjoy your job but you know the side effects of poorly managed diabetes, you have to seriously consider whether you really can continue in the job you're in. Walking away from something you enjoy is hard but there's nothing to say you couldn't find another job you enjoy just as much, but one in which you are better able to manage your diabetes.

The human body is extremely sensitive and it doesn't take much to disrupt its rhythm and throw you back to square one. It doesn't sound like you are making much progress and it seems that your current job is hindering your ability to manage your diabetes, rather than supporting it.

Alternatively, if you really do not want to leave your job then is it possible to talk to your employers to see if they could keep you on day shifts for the time being, just while you get yourself sorted out, and then look to introduce the shifts gradually?

Whether you like it or not, diabetes is now a part of your life. You're absolutely right that you cannot let it rule your life, but you do still have to take its impact and management into consideration and unfortunately that may sometimes mean we have to make decisions we don't want to make.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate in looking for another job if it was impacting my health, and in fact I've left jobs in the past for that very reason, and would do so again. But please, if you don't want to leave, at least work with your employer to see if they can be more accommodating for you. As your employer they have a duty to ensure your health and safety.

I completely understand you saying you don't want to let your diabetes take over your life, and I absolutely agree, but you also have to accept that whether you like it or not, diabetes DOES change things. We have to be far more mindful of what we do than we did before we were diagnosed, and things like shift work - which is unhealthy for anybody over the long term - doesn't help matters. You have to consider whether your lifestyle is part of the cause of your problems.

I appreciate and am sensitive to the fact that you're adjusting to a new way of life after having recently been diagnosed, and I understand that you do of course enjoy your job but you know the side effects of poorly managed diabetes, you have to seriously consider whether you really can continue in the job you're in. Walking away from something you enjoy is hard but there's nothing to say you couldn't find another job you enjoy just as much, but one in which you are better able to manage your diabetes.

The human body is extremely sensitive and it doesn't take much to disrupt its rhythm and throw you back to square one. It doesn't sound like you are making much progress and it seems that your current job is hindering your ability to manage your diabetes, rather than supporting it.

Alternatively, if you really do not want to leave your job then is it possible to talk to your employers to see if they could keep you on day shifts for the time being, just while you get yourself sorted out, and then look to introduce the shifts gradually?

Whether you like it or not, diabetes is now a part of your life. You're absolutely right that you cannot let it rule your life, but you do still have to take its impact and management into consideration and unfortunately that may sometimes mean we have to make decisions we don't want to make.

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate in looking for another job if it was impacting my health, and in fact I've left jobs in the past for that very reason, and would do so again. But please, if you don't want to leave, at least work with your employer to see if they can be more accommodating for you. As your employer they have a duty to ensure your health and safety.
I even been told by my time there's nothing you can't do. Obviously it takes adjusting and somethimes getting it wrong but I've been told not let it stop from doing all the things I have before (I had anxiety around that and have worked hard not to lthink that way before) they know about it's. It's not that there not accommodating it's events work they can't make the events happen at certain times. I think I've miss led people on here about it. Because I actually apply for the shifts. Someone said the other week 'it lives with me not the other way around" and maybe it's not as bad as I seem to making out. At the end of day it's not going learn how to handle things if I don't those things well I work things out'

I don't think Ive done too badlly well on shift thinking about there are a couple of times where I had correct later when I adjusted too much or adjusted where I didn't need t soo but other that with steanking thoughout shifts I managed it. So form your reply it sounds like I misled you and given the wrong end of stick about things.

Errr @rayray - how the hell will you set up the pump with hourly rates when you NEVER even have 2 days the same?

There are some shifts I have more of a sense what I'm doing then otthers but not always. This was the last time I worked in the evening I started at around 4pm and finished at around 9.30pm but for back at 1 in morning as it was traveling(this particular job job required baislly running around a car park). And also looking at the next day it was actually a good a day so the other times it may have just been because I didn't do much after getting back on 2 morning so maybe I am over thinking this little bit but there would still be a benefit. For anyone thinking that the problems I mentioning now arnt because of work because i haven't worked for since the 30th of march while these investigations are going one but I thought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-090634.png
    Screenshot_20220511-090634.png
    99 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220511-093252.png
    Screenshot_20220511-093252.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 1
Errr @rayray - how the hell will you set up the pump with hourly rates when you NEVER even have 2 days the same?

I can do this when I'm not working and then set the adjustments based on what the shift requirements seem to be. I would get thf base right sorted on the weeks I don't have any work etc as explained in the past it's and hoc so sometimes there's loads of work available and sometimes none. I know you don't agree with me but I honestly think it will help so do other people Ive been talking two. I would use things like temporarily Basels to handle my job

In fact
It sounds like I might nor have explained everything probably. But I honestly think it is better suited like siad I would get base right on the days no working then adjust for work. Other people I know face to face actually agree with me about this. So I have thought this though carefully and alreay have a plan if I was alond one. I have now learnt a bit with how body responds to certain situations at work. Please believe me that I'm not just persuing for no reason and do know best I'm doing in terms of pursuing it.

Baislly what I'm saying is will I have time t get base right. It's because it's easier to temporarily adjust on a pump and some otherb I believe a pump will suit he better i know people will diasagred Reasons but I honestly believe it's case. Making adjustments temporarily not permeability. It sounds like I given people the wrong idea about certain aspects. I know people that do similar work and says the pump sorts them better.

Well it actually seems like even on here some people argee with me about a pump because if the neture of my work and some people disarege with me. But even though I don't fit nice guidelines I do fit fit other guidelines where it actually recommendeds a pump for this sort of job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back