Stupid stupid mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Donnamarie,
I did this a few months back, was horrible. My blood was sky hight the next day. I over ate as well. Hope you feel better soon. These things happen, try not to beat yourself up. I have been Type 1 for 25 years and i did it. I also keep my pens together and both look very different. Was just to busy chatting to my husband to notice. x

Join the club! C has done it! Luckily I noticed (although too late to stop her) that she was holding the RED pen in her hand and not the silver.😱

And she's also forgotten to take her Levemir one evening.:(

She's never forgotten to bolus yet though.😛

I put the wrong insulin in my pen once, so was having humalog not lantus. It took me 3 nights of really bad hypos to work out what I had done - doh!!

Been there and done that - though the other way round and it took days to work out why I was always high after I ate 😱

I have also injected the wrong amount (ie long acting amount not short and suddenly realised as I was pushing the pen top in - somehow I always seem to realise just too late to stop!

As everyone has said, we all do it sometime - the important thing is you dealt with it successfully.

Hope you are feeling back to normal soon. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back