Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers crossed! Don't forget to post a pic of the wedding. 🙂

Really sorry to hear your news :(

I can't imagine how you must be feeling but I think it's really good that you've got the wedding to focus on. I hope that your bg's settle down soon because that must be making you feel even worse. Thinking of you x

Emma I hope you have a better day today. Its too bad you feel you can't talk to your DSN, really they shouldn't condemn you - just help.

Hormonal contraception is not 100% effective - so there is no guarantee if you were taking it that you wouldn't get pregnant. Really its none of their business -but it is their responsibility to help you when you are struggling.

I hope that things settle down for you soon

Just a quick update.

I'm feeling quite a bit better. I've had an amazing weekend so far, which has really cheered me up 🙂

The symptoms seem to be easing a bit. I've had far fewer hypos - but this is because I've been using 70% TBRs for the last week or so. I could do with a little advice on this, though - when do I decide it's time to actually change my basals, rather than just continuing to use TBRs?

Thanks again everyone 🙂

Glad to hear you are feeling better Emma! 🙂 Can't help with the basals, being a poor MDI-er! 😉

Just a quick update.

I'm feeling quite a bit better. I've had an amazing weekend so far, which has really cheered me up 🙂

The symptoms seem to be easing a bit. I've had far fewer hypos - but this is because I've been using 70% TBRs for the last week or so. I could do with a little advice on this, though - when do I decide it's time to actually change my basals, rather than just continuing to use TBRs?

Thanks again everyone 🙂

Hi emma,
I missed this post and sorry to hear your news - I do know how that feels - and it takes time to get over something like this.

As for using the temporary basals - there isnt an easy answer as you need to be guided by what your levels are telling you. Perhaps you could set a new pattern for 'illness' and just use this until you feel that your levels are returning to normal. I wouldnt change anything yet as it could get complicated.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back