Strip-free testing with the Accu-Chek Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of this meter where everything is together and no strips or lancets to dispose of. It is quite big, however (much bigger than my One Touch Ultra Smart whic is not one of the smallest), so is not very pocketable.

I do think that Roche need a big rethink about pricing - almost all other meters (even the OTU Smart) are available free to insulin users so I think that charging ?50 for this is very excessive.

I like the idea of this meter where everything is together and no strips or lancets to dispose of. It is quite big, however (much bigger than my One Touch Ultra Smart whic is not one of the smallest), so is not very pocketable.

I do think that Roche need a big rethink about pricing - almost all other meters (even the OTU Smart) are available free to insulin users so I think that charging ?50 for this is very excessive.

This is actually quite cheap compared to my first meter in the early 80's. It cost ?200 and there has been a lot of inflation since then. GP's could not prescribe strips and the clinic usually limited me to either 25 or 50 for six months. A box of 25 strips cost me ?15! It did though show me how utterly useless the urine tests were. My target was 1/4% to avoid the danger of hypos. It reality this was a BG of about 11.0. At 12.0 my urine sugar was 2.0%+++! A friend had paid nearly ?1000 for a meter a year earlier - Ford Mondeo price these days! Mind you he came from a rich family.

thought that was a bit rude. Not my fault being type 1 to get meters etc. free.

Nobody said it was your fault (although I dont appreciate the suggestion my type 2 is!). Perhaps a sense of humour bypass occurred recently, so for the sake of peace I will apologise at you finding offense at what was a joke - although unless you're my DN or GP, there was nothing to be offended by - that's who I was suggesting are to blame!

thought that was a bit rude. Not my fault being type 1 to get meters etc. free.

Hi casper, I don't think Lisa was meaning to be rude. In fact, I saw it as a joke as she said it was 🙂

HEHE falcon I didnt even know they had meters in the eighties 😱 ank here was me saying about the strips that I had to use when i was diagnosed (1989), the kind that u put ur blood on wait 5 mins wipe off and compare to bottle.🙄
now I feel like i was deprived haha
Although, you can still actually get them.... which might come in handy for type 2s who need to check wat there bloods are doing, I think they are about ?8 a box of 50!
and I still think its rediculous that the accu check mobile has cartriges of ?37 for 50 lol im on 6 boxes of optium plus every 2 weeks (no joke) lol I think id be the biggest drain on nhs if i were to get one of those things lmao!!😛

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back