Strip-free testing with the Accu-Chek Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i distinctly remember when the accu-chek lady came to my course in the second week she had one of those as well as 2 others , she demonstrated them and a lady took one away with her, i looked at the link you provided and i do like the look of the night out seems very easy and no waste even better.

D'ya think it's worth ?50? (or ?40 if you apply for the money off voucher..)?

D'ya think it's worth ?50? (or ?40 if you apply for the money off voucher..)?

Either 50 or 40 pound i am happy with my own i have , but can certainly see the benifits, if anyone does buy one let us know how you get on .🙂

hi

just watched your link about the mobile testing intresting but kind of in 2 minds about it

its handier and not too obvious like some of the others so no one would know what you doing there are some nosy people out here.

i would be intresting on how reliable it is, how clean it is and how much its cost for replacement cassettes etc before handing over any money.🙂

hi

just watched your link about the mobile testing intresting but kind of in 2 minds about it

its handier and not too obvious like some of the others so no one would know what you doing there are some nosy people out here.

i would be intresting on how reliable it is, how clean it is and how much its cost for replacement cassettes etc before handing over any money.🙂

Yup, I agree - maybe one of our insulin dependant bods could persuade Accu Check to part with one as a freebie and road test it for us?

that would be intresting but would there be a nice generous supplier or agent give out one for free for a road test and have the results on the forum it is an idea......... 🙂

that would be intresting but would there be a nice generous supplier or agent give out one for free for a road test and have the results on the forum it is an idea......... 🙂

That's an excellent point - free advertising!! Maybe... our DiDKA bods could set up a public experiment to show how non diet drinks can affect a diabetics blood sugar readings using the Accu-Chek mobile??

"Time for bed" said Zebedee - i'm sitting in the dark coz my timer switch has switched off the lights!!!!!!

Goodnight!

they usuallylet you have a freebie if you say you'll be reviewing it on a blog or something 🙂

Its ?37.99 for a cassette of 50 strips lol http://www.boots.com/en/Accu-Chek-Mobile-Test-Cassette-50-Strips_1041017/ can u imagine trying to get those on repeat with the nhs budget?lol
Im on the most common type at the mo (optium) and theyre bout 26 bucks per box, and i was getting hassle bout that at one point.

not really a feesable idea from the nhs point of view, just looks like another gadget to me, if the company were so bothered about diabetes and sugar levels then they would make one that was cheaper for our health service to keep up with?
the one i have is fine, its not fancy but hey tells me wat my blood sugar is on and thats great for me, god do u remember when it was them strips u had to put ur blood on then wait then wipe and compare to the colurs on the bottle?? hehe it really could be worse i guess lol

Well just emailed to see if they will give out a freebie... we will see.

hi,

I have been using the ACCU-CHECK compact plus for some time but this new device looks really good. I suppose there's always the issue of persuading the gp to allow the change-over; new testing drums required etc..
Looks like a good idea. Just think, no more hoovering out testing strips from the remotest parts of your clothing, car, handbag etc....

Last edited:
hi i am trying to get a free upgrade from acc check for this meter i got the compact one i will let you know if i do

Great, yes please let me know how you get on with it and i may have a try myself.

It's a bit misleading, saying it's strip free, makes you think that it'll work out cheaper, when in reality the strips are replaced with cassettes, and they're extortionate compared to the strips!

The trouble is Lisa that these companies assume we will get strips for free on prescription.

I use more than my doctor prescribes so I get them off Ebay for about 15 quid for 50 Aviva Nano strips.

I wonder if you use up any strips on calibration? I use my so infrequentli i end up calbrating my One Touch Ultra every time i use it, which wastes a test strip. If this thingy is calibration free maybe it would work out cheaper for me. After all, i'm spending a quid a test (not counting the ones i mess up), so 40 pounds for 50 tests isn;t so bad.

I've got one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it 2 weeks ago from my diabetic nurse, have already managed to add the cassettes and lancets to my repeat prescription list. I think its great! Testing one handed, the lancets are 6 in a drum so no frequent changing, the cassette has 50 tests on it and no fiddly strips to insert and dispose of. All I can say is so far so good, suits me!

Ask your healthcare team............. shy bairns get nowt.

it looks very handy for school less to do for the TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back