Strangest comment you heard about your seasor just for a laugh")

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when I said "no it's a cgm" he asked "what does it do". But then again he might not have understood the acymon
But yes I can kind of are why he might have thought it was a pump

I have had people thinking my receiver was phone though. Which if slightly awkward because that means I may looked rude to them if I was looking at it.
Ah, same with the Libre reader. A supervisor told me "don't use your phone now!" Tho she realised quickly it was not a phone when I showed her and understood (they know I'm diabetic and have the sensor). It does look a bit rubbish for a phone. Actually a chef at my workplace asked if it was a "dealer" phone! He was confused why I would have one of those. Might have thought I have a lil side hustle lol.

Ah, same with the Libre reader. A supervisor told me "don't use your phone now!" Tho she realised quickly it was not a phone when I showed her and understood (they know I'm diabetic and have the sensor). It does look a bit rubbish for a phone. Actually a chef at my workplace asked if it was a "dealer" phone! He was confused why I would have one of those. Might have thought I have a lil side hustle lol.
It did worry when I worked when the alerm sounded when I worked customers thought it could have been a phone going off(I wondering if peherps that had caused issues but that's just be speciteclatly) I mean the team knew i was diabetic but customers didn't.

I am guessing that because it wasn't on the arm like a Libre which I imagine most doctors will be familiar with and the Dexcom has a transmitter attached to it so it is a bit more bulky than a Libre so I don't think it is unrealistic for a doctor in A&E to ask if it was a pump. The tubeless pumps are pretty small and the abdomen would be a common place to site a pump.
Ah missed the fact it was sited elsewhere. I understand mistaking it for a pump a little better now

Ah missed the fact it was sited elsewhere. I understand mistaking it for a pump a little better now
Oh yeah sorry I don't think i said yeah I where it on my stomach because i can use to two hands and dexcom sensors are approved there.

Athough saying that I changed it in a and e due to a chest and found myself using one hand to clipp the transmitter i must be getting better as frist it would take me ages with too hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back