Stinging canulas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just exactly like that, Sue!

They'd giggle if I hit a good spot, and cry 'wee wee wee' in alarm, the instant I hit a bad spot or they had a problem .....

What Pinky and Perky or your cannulas? :D

Accu-chek spirit combo Sue

So how many units are you bolusing when the singing stinging takes place?
If over 5 units perhaps try as Ellie said and do an extended bolus so it goes in at a slower rate. I can't remember with the combo if you can adjust the delivery speed on it 🙂

So how many units are you bolusing when the singing stinging takes place?If over 5 units perhaps try as Ellie said and do an extended bolus so it goes in at a slower rate. I can't remember with the combo if you can adjust the delivery speed on it 🙂
Will give that i go Sue that is one suggestion i havent tried yet 🙂

Do any of the other pumpers here get stinging when insulin going through cannula ? Its so bad sometimes i just want to rip it out but then other times i wouldnt even know its going through , why sometimes good sometimes bad ? Also at the moment i am having to change cannula mostly every 2 days sometimes 3 and bs always go up when change due so sometimes i have 1 good day then 1 bad day or 2 good days then 1 bad day bizarre :(

Hi Jenny,

I have the same pump as you, I use 8mm steel cannulas (couldn't get on with teflon) and yes it does sting when I bolus but only sometimes and normally I will have to change cannulas/site when it does sting. I change my cannulas sometimes every day and no longer than 2 days. I try to change before breakfast and check my levels 2 hours later, that way I can sort a problem sooner.

Hi Jenny, my daughter used to regularly complain of stinging and as a couple of the others recommended she now does most bolus's over 15-30 minutes, even corrections, this seems to work for her.

No stinging yet anyway - been using 13 mm sillouhettes and humalog always with inserter. Haven't ventured away much from stomach/back except for 2x on bottom and all that did was hurt after a day-and-a-half. Too close to hip I suppose. Change-outs usually on 3rd day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back