Statins - are you on them?

What is your situation regarding statins?

• On them since diagnosis

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Started them but stopped

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Have been told or expect I will need them eventually

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Never started them

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Told to start them, but decided not to

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Answered wrongly in the poll, should have put told will eventually need them.
People with the type of diabetes I have are more prone to cardiac problems due to problems with cholesterol, so have been told that i will need to go on them, but at this point I am not on them.

I've been prescribed them by my GP and started about a year ago. He said my Cholesterol was high. Six months later my nurse told me my cholesterol was ok. I told my Gp that i thought that they were giving me leg cramps. He said to try not taking them. I forgot most of the time anyway, they seemed to work better when i didn't take them!!
Did someone mention side effects? The usual stomach and gastric upsets, including nausea and vomiting. However if you do get muscle pains tell your GP right away as it could be a sign of something serious. Take statins at night to avoid some side effects, like the stomach problems.

Rachel

My cholesterol has been high for a number of years and the GP had never offered me them and i tried to control it with diet but since i have been diagnosed T2 i have been put on them especially as my test result at time of diagnosis was 9.4 (very high) so GP put me on 20mg but now am on 40mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back