Starting to feel fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only over 3 days, you are female, we have hormones to contend with so it could be partly due to that in which case you wouldn't want to totally change and then run into the opposite problems
Well there were a few day last nigjt as well i do gernallly rise in evening i do anyway.

My honeymoon period had steps or stages rather than an obvious end. There were times when I needed more basal insulin week after week and then things would be steady for quite a while (months) and then I needed to increase it again. During those months of stability there is still some variation due to exercise but the general trend is to hover around a dose level but once I see a trend of needing corrections over several days or nights, it is time to start increasing it again for me. The DAFNE course really gave me the structure and confidence to see when basal doses needed changing.

My honeymoon period had steps or stages rather than an obvious end. There were times when I needed more basal insulin week after week and then things would be steady for quite a while (months) and then I needed to increase it again. During those months of stability there is still some variation due to exercise but the general trend is to hover around a dose level but once I see a trend of needing corrections over several days or nights, it is time to start increasing it again for me. The DAFNE course really gave me the structure and confidence to see when basal doses needed changing.
Ive asked on a facebook group before and apartlly some peoples did stop subdellly. I guess that just shows that everyones differnt

I can understand why you feel frustrated as I find corrections (particularly when they aren't particularly effective) more frustrating than anything. I know that once I start feeling frustrated because things aren't working as they should, then I need to increase my basal.

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a lovely day.
It is important to try to take time out from diabetes occasionally and just keep on top of the absolute basics here and there, particularly when it is getting frustrating and then come back to it with renewed focus on improvement.... at least that is how I find it. Sometimes the harder I try the more frustrating it gets and then I just think "stuff it" and relax a bit and then it just seems to resolve itself or I suddenly see what needs to be done to fix it.

You can contact the manufacturer about getting some control solution to check your meter if you are losing confidence in it.

However looking at this today.seems looks like its been preety good day in the end. It probelly was a bit mistake to to do an extra unit of lermier this morning as as you can see i see i did end up stacking in the aftetnoon(i have been given anotheg half unit pen for thay but notticed o havent bern prrstisrd carateiges yet) i did end up doing a bit of guess wotl for some cake u eat not long ago(the box had disapresd). So ill see how that goes but right now ill yake that 80%

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-10-23-35-05.png
    Screenshot_2022-01-10-23-35-05.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back