Starting to feel fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I just done my 3rd corrtion in 3 nights runing.

And also im starting dought my metter. I thnk i might ask about changin the strips i get on prescrtion.

What problem are you finding with your BG meter?

What problem are you finding with your BG meter?
i dont i doughting the acurry of it. i do have contour next meter as well which i know are gernally more acuitre. tonight it just didn see to make sense to me. i ually do trust it over the libre but was having doughts today

If it makes you have any more confidence in your meter all meters have to be within 15% of the actual number

Did you wash your hands before testing?

Did you wash your hands before testing?
Usally yes but maybes theres something im doing wrong or maybe it might be a bit flauty

What meter are you using? If you are having doubts about it, it would be worth checking with control solution first as not all strips are funded by each CCG so it would be worth checking which are as you are unlikely to get Contour Next if not funded in your area xx

What meter are you using? If you are having doubts about it, it would be worth checking with control solution first as not all strips are funded by each CCG so it would be worth checking which are as you are unlikely to get Contour Next if not funded in your area xx
Some other people in my area get there strips someone once gave me a box when my doctors were being awarkward about prescribing test strips. I use freestyle optain nero but dont have control soultiom for that.

Also i was more feeling fed up with having to do a a correctoon for the 3rd night running.

Some other people in my area get there strips someone once gave me a box when my doctors were being awarkward about prescribing test strips. I use freestyle optain nero but dont have control soultiom for that.

Also i was more feeling fed up with having to do a a correctoon for the 3rd night running.
Some strips are prescribed to certain people for various reasons, for instance someone may be prescribed Contour Next strips as they use the Contour Next Link meter because it is linked to their pump so nobody can assume to be prescribed the same strips

Contact Abbott and they should be able to provide you with control solution

Have you done a basal test?

Some strips are prescribed to certain people for various reasons, for instance someone may be prescribed Contour Next strips as they use the Contour Next Link meter because it is linked to their pump so nobody can assume to be prescribed the same strips

Contact Abbott and they should be able to provide you with control solution

Have you done a basal test?
Ill try doing that at somepoint todays my birthday and tommorow i have my boster so it will have to wait. At bit.

Yes i find diabetes a lot more frustrating and difficult to live with when things that generally ‘work’ suddenly start giving wonky numbers. Often I seem to find it’s a small basal tweak that I need (which is easier to do with an insulin pump).

Hopefully things either settle for you on their own, or you can make a small tweak to your doses and get your diabetes to behave again

Yes i find diabetes a lot more frustrating and difficult to live with when things that generally ‘work’ suddenly start giving wonky numbers. Often I seem to find it’s a small basal tweak that I need (which is easier to do with an insulin pump).

Hopefully things either settle for you on their own, or you can make a small tweak to your doses and get your diabetes to behave again
i did end up puting that up a unit today which may(or may not) have been a mistake i'll find out.. i think it might be a sign that my honymoon perios is coming to a end or at least futher allong.

If that's the case then you need to adjust either your basal or bolus depending on what time the correction is needed in comparison to your meal bolus.
It's nothing to do with your test strips.

i did end up puting that up a unit today which may(or may not) have been a mistake i'll find out.. i think it might be a sign that my honymoon perios is coming to a end or at least futher allong.
Honeymoon periods can last years. It is unusual for yours to come to an end after 4 months. Mine lasted 8 years ... but we are all different.

It appears to me that you are expecting every day to be the same. The frustrating thing with Type 1 is that our levels are affected by so many things that no two days are alike. We could eat exactly the same things, doing exactly the same exercise, undertake the same jobs and our levels would still be different. That is why we should not expect perfection and look for trends rather than tweaking each day.

I am not surprised you are starting to feel fed up. Based on the number of threads you are posting, diabetes must be dominating your life at the moment. Today is your birthday - enjoy it. Focus on the rest of you rather than the D part. Allow your levels to be too high or too low (unless you hypo). And be the old you again.

Be Kind To Yourself

If that's the case then you need to adjust either your basal or bolus depending on what time the correction is needed in comparison to your meal bolus.
It's nothing to do with your test strips.
no that was a diffent subject as my libre said i was falling before i did correction my a finger pick said 17.5 point 6 nd then the next one 16 but when i failing did do the correction it said 16.7 but still ended up doing only 1 unit.

Honeymoon periods can last years. It is unusual for yours to come to an end after 4 months. Mine lasted 8 years ... but we are all different.

It appears to me that you are expecting every day to be the same. The frustrating thing with Type 1 is that our levels are affected by so many things that no two days are alike. We could eat exactly the same things, doing exactly the same exercise, undertake the same jobs and our levels would still be different. That is why we should not expect perfection and look for trends rather than tweaking each day.
somes peoples do only last a few months aprtlly its diffent for everyone

I am not surprised you are starting to feel fed up. Based on the number of threads you are posting, diabetes must be dominating your life at the moment. Today is your birthday - enjoy it. Focus on the rest of you rather than the D part. Allow your levels to be too high or too low (unless you hypo). And be the old you again.

Be Kind To Yourself
yes but it is becoming a partten

i'm not expacting everyday to be the same

somes peoples do only last a few months aprtlly its diffent for everyone
Adults tend to last longer than children or young adults.

By the way, I edited my last post and will now add to the last part - enjoy your birthday and switch off the forum so you can focus on the non-D part of you.
Be Kind To Yourself and remind yourself you are more than Diabetes.

yes but it is becoming a partten
Only over 3 days, you are female, we have hormones to contend with so it could be partly due to that in which case you wouldn't want to totally change and then run into the opposite problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back