Squashes, with no added sugar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring to an alternative drink. How about hot chocolate? Is that acceptable to have on a daily basis or is it equivalent to having a chocolate bar every day? To keep as a treat only...?
'Options' chocolate drinks are very nice and low in carbs 🙂

Just checked them online. There's quite a few different low carbs ones. So a variety to choose from. Will have to try one or two of them to see which one has the best taste with low carbs....

Referring to an alternative drink. How about hot chocolate? Is that acceptable to have on a daily basis or is it equivalent to having a chocolate bar every day? To keep as a treat only...?
Personally, I treat hot chocolate as a very rare treat in a cafe, which makes it really special. My last hot chocolate was on Saturday, after my first parkrun in Scotland. The other two adult cousins had coffees,older child had soup and bread, and youngest (8 years old) and me (oldest in group) had hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. I can't remember when I had a hot chocolate before then.

Reactions: Ljc
Just checked them online. There's quite a few different low carbs ones. So a variety to choose from. Will have to try one or two of them to see which one has the best taste with low carbs....
Orange or Mint my favourites 🙂

I love hot chocolate but I've found that for me even the Options and Highlights ones spike me. I have to bolus at least 30 mins before I have one, so they are now a rare treat.

I sometime have an Options hot chocolate. Never the full version of drinking choc.
Mostly at bed time with a biscuit when I'm too close to the floor to go to sleep.

I love hot chocolate but I've found that for me even the Options and Highlights ones spike me. I have to bolus at least 30 mins before I have one, so they are now a rare treat.
You need to put FIASP in your pump you wont have any spikes then and you just bolus a couple of mins before you have your treat.

It's got to be Belgian for me.

Hot chocolate! Good grief I wish. I make one for Mum every night. No way could I have it. I sometimes smell it though, like the Bisto advert. :D

Is it okay to drink squash? Keep reading that you should avoid sugary drinks and I do drink a lot of squash in one day. Is that acceptable? With no added sugar or are the normal squashes, without any added sugar, okay? Are they just referring to coca cola etc..?

I love squash 🙂 Just be sure to get sugar free, and not accidentally get high juice!!!

The tesco healthy living one is quite low in carb/sugar.

There's so many options, these days, in supermarkets that you are right. You have to be careful and choose wisely. Making comparisons is essential..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back