Split bolus timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, I was suggesting the regular insulin in addition to Fiasp - ie a bit of Fiasp to cover the carbs, then regular to cover the protein rise in whatever proportions the meal demands.
Ah! I didn't know that was possible... having two meal time insulins that is. As I said, I am understandably not prepared to rock the boat at the moment with things going smoothly, but will definitely keep it in the back of my mind for future consideration and maybe run it past my consultant next time I speak to him just to see how he reacts... Not actually request it but just a discussion to assess how much of a battle it would take 😉 , should I decide to push for that option.

Always useful to know what options are available and how they might benefit you, so do appreciate you mentioning it.

@pawprint91 @rebrascora thanks both. I fear I may be going off topic, perhaps this deserves its own thread. I have been going persistently high in the evening, I couldn't for the life of me work out why, etc., etc. I was wondering about delayed carb absorption, and had been reducing my evening meal carbs (my big meal of the day) only to find it was still happening, so I was then wondering about overnight basal, only to make myself run low all day by increasing doses (which is the tenuous link the thread 😉)

I must check back through my records and make sure this isn't just very coincidental, but since reading the comments here I've stopped/reduced my snacking in the evening (which would be nuts and cheese, all things that in the good old days had no impact on blood glucose) and lo and behold my night time readings are as flat as a pancake. It didn't help that while I was scaling back my evening meal size, while wondering about absorption problems, I was simply filling up later in the evening with more protein and fat rich snacks.

What is interesting to me is that I used to be able to snack on these things without it messing up my evening/overnight blood glucose (I do much more long endurance sport these days, which may or may not have an effect on how my body works); I also note from a quick glance at my recent records that it looks like staying below some given quantity of e.g. nuts is still ok. My take-home is eat more for supper including the carbs that come with it, and snack less later 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back