Sore throat help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My LFTs have arrived, just got to wait for a while to do one as I was sipping tea as I starting reading the instructions.... whoops ..... 30 minute wait now. Throat is feeling a bit better this morning, at least the razor blades seem to have left ..... but now have a rotten cold making a nuisance of itself. Managed to order my shopping online last night for delivery today (faints at the shock!) - and added the sugar-free strawberry strepsils, let's hope they have them in stock. Will let you know the result of the LFT if this cold allows me to do one that doesn't come up void.
Whoops thought I had posted this - lol
Anyway test came back as negative, which is what I suspected having had covid back in March 2020 - with having COPD you sure notice when your breathing is even slightly off kilter. Negative report sent, but still staying home in the warm until this cold has cleared.

Hope you feel better soon @janw I’ve got the horrible cold too and it’s a nasty one. For me, it’s more in my ears and very painful, but my throat doesn’t feel good. I’ve found clear soup helps. I’ve just eaten a vegetable one with a few shakes of Franks Red Hot Sauce. I think that helps too.

@AndBreathe That’s interesting what you said about LFTs. I’m sure I had Covid in November as one of my children did and we had the same symptoms. Their LFT was strongly positive, mine wasn’t. I thought I was going mad and kept testing, but I never got a positive test even though I’m as sure as I can be I had Covid. I’m fully vaccinated.

Hope you feel better soon @janw I’ve got the horrible cold too and it’s a nasty one. For me, it’s more in my ears and very painful, but my throat doesn’t feel good. I’ve found clear soup helps. I’ve just eaten a vegetable one with a few shakes of Franks Red Hot Sauce. I think that helps too.

@AndBreathe That’s interesting what you said about LFTs. I’m sure I had Covid in November as one of my children did and we had the same symptoms. Their LFT was strongly positive, mine wasn’t. I thought I was going mad and kept testing, but I never got a positive test even though I’m as sure as I can be I had Covid. I’m fully vaccinated.

To be honest, one of the Gps was, at that point, just back to work, having had Covid. He had done the usual regular LFTs for work - all negative, but from his symptoms was convinced he had covid. Sure enough, a good old positive.

Interestingly, a few days before there were eventually 7 - a mixture of staff and volunteers tested PCR positive after a shift at the local Hub.

I've seen a few positive lateral flow tests.
There is a vast difference is results, even in the same batch of tests, in different people.
A positive test may just be the faintest line, very nearly invisible, and nothing like the control line.
The difference between a 15 minute test and a 30 minute test can make it even less visible.
It's incredibly easy to miss a positive at times.

@travellor You’re speaking to someone who’s peered at numerous pregnancy tests and has never missed a squinter :D My LFTs were all definitely negative. Not the hint of a line, not even on enlarged photos or under different lights. I knew I had Covid and couldn’t understand why the LFTs weren’t showing it. I looked at them extremely closely. They were all negative.

I've seen a few positive lateral flow tests.
There is a vast difference is results, even in the same batch of tests, in different people.
A positive test may just be the faintest line, very nearly invisible, and nothing like the control line.
The difference between a 15 minute test and a 30 minute test can make it even less visible.
It's incredibly easy to miss a positive at times.
My colleague recently tested positive on a LFT and isolated. On day 5 he tested again and was positive. The same on days 6, 7 and 8. He commented that the positive line got fainter as the days progressed.
He is only a sample of one but I found this interesting. As if the number of viruses was slowly decreasing and have less reaction with the "ink" that produces the line.
(Yes, I know it's not ink but can't think of a better way to describe it )

@travellor You’re speaking to someone who’s peered at numerous pregnancy tests and has never missed a squinter :D My LFTs were all definitely negative. Not the hint of a line, not even on enlarged photos or under different lights. I knew I had Covid and couldn’t understand why the LFTs weren’t showing it. I looked at them extremely closely. They were all negative.

Yes, that has been said a lot.
then again, I've seen positive LFTs that follow with a negative PCR the next day.

My colleague recently tested positive on a LFT and isolated. On day 5 he tested again and was positive. The same on days 6, 7 and 8. He commented that the positive line got fainter as the days progressed.
He is only a sample of one but I found this interesting. As if the number of viruses was slowly decreasing and have less reaction with the "ink" that produces the line.
(Yes, I know it's not ink but can't think of a better way to describe it )

As the viral load goes down, the reaction decreases, and the line gets fainter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back