Something on i notticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah i half thought you already had a half unit pen.

Well that’s another option they can’t offer you to try first I guess! 🙂

Ah i half thought you already had a half unit pen.

Well that’s another option they can’t offer you to try first I guess! 🙂
Sorry i miss typed i do have a half unit pen

whats saline?
It is water with added salt (sodium chloride) which is physiologically balanced with your body fluids so can be safely given to practice injecting, it is what is usually given in a drip during surgery or for rehydration.

It is water with added salt (sodium chloride) which is physiologically balanced with your body fluids so can be safely given to practice injecting, it is what is usually given in a drip during surgery or for rehydration.
Oh yes i remember given a pen with it in hosptal to practice injecting with it once. They asked the nurses to let me do my injections myslef. I can do it.

Go for it, you definitely won’t get one if you don’t ask! Good luck 🙂
i havent asked i've been a bit too afired to

i havent asked i've been a bit too afired to
Why are you afraid to ask? The worst they can say is no. I’m also asking about a pump at my next appointment

Why are you afraid to ask? The worst they can say is no. I’m also asking about a pump at my next appointment
because i think they just say I'm not qualified for it and question it a bit. I think however if ever did get a pump I'd want a patched one as knowing me I'd be likely to catch the tubing on something. I do think it would make adjustments for work easier though but others have said it seems too early for me anyway.

because i think they just say I'm not qualified for it and question it a bit. I think however if ever did get a pump I'd want a patched one as knowing me I'd be likely to catch the tubing on something. I do think it would make adjustments for work easier though but others have said it seems too early for me anyway.
It won’t hurt to ask because the worst they can say is no

I did explain the trouble I was having with rounding up or down but I don't think she quite understood what I mean

Definitely ask about a pump if you think it might help you. My daughter went on one 8 days after diagnosis so we definitely didn’t know anything about them, or much about diabetes, didn’t get the chance to run it just with saline in to practice, never did a DAFNE course (they don’t do them for children or their parents) and the only carb counting training we were given was half an hour with a dietician and a free copy of the Carbs and Cals book. Talk about being chucked in the deep end and see if you can swim! But we managed so I don’t see why other people can’t either.

To give you the full picture though, there was a trial just starting comparing pumps with MDI in newly diagnosed children and they desperately wanted participants (actually I think my daughter was the first one they signed up at that hospital), we were in and out of hospital a lot for the first few weeks duto being so newly diagnosed, and could contact the DSNs fairly easily in the meantime so we did get plenty of support. If we hadn’t been able to get used to the pump and understand it well enough then they wouldn’t have let us keep it!
is your daughter still a pump if you don't mean me asking.

I chickened out of asking about Ihe poisbity again today. I did ask about danfee though which said theyvrefer me too. They did I know alot for someone thats not been diagnosed long

Definitely ask about a pump…if you don’t ask you don’t get. I asked multiple before I got one, don’t give up!

Definitely ask about a pump…if you don’t ask you don’t get. I asked multiple before I got one, don’t give up!
yes pumps sound good for varrious reason(however I am fairy newly diagnosed)

So I did ask a consudent yesterday he outlined some steps DAFNE first(which I have been referred to) then back on libre(this one I feel is a Little unfair because how it was really affecting my mental heath with all the issues i was having) or if available some other sensor(saying this if i had something that stayed working and I felt I could trust most of time and not just some of the time and not being sure sure when those times were as they ramdom and was avaible not panic at arrows it would make work easier)and then maybe can look at it.) “we’re not saying no but not yet was basically it” but it does sound like he wants me to go though those things before it’s considered including one which may have a big impact on my mental heath(although sometimes that still suffers without it) I am being moved to another consudent apparently. My work is extremely difficult nagative on mdi because of its unpredictablness.

Is is possible that you could ask for a supervised session with the Libre, sometimes with technology, somebody is doing something wrong which an experienced user would spot as being a problem.
It may only be something very minor which is causing you a problem.
There must be an insulin regime which will suit your variable activity level, a colleague who was Type 1 could have very different days from sitting at his desk, to being in the lab, to walking from one end of the campus to the other, etc.

Is is possible that you could ask for a supervised session with the Libre, sometimes with technology, somebody is doing something wrong which an experienced user would spot as being a problem.
There must be an insulin regime which will suit your variable activity level, a colleague who was Type 1 could have very different days from sitting at his desk, to being in the lab, to walking from one end of the campus to the other, etc.
i've know spoken to someone else that was having the same issues so it. so it might have not just been me and that they didn't sort me(even a diabetic nurse who is diabetic herself said she had problems with the libre so it does seem like they just don't sort some people, I thought it was just me but after hearing other people problems possibly not. the big issue was they never stayed working. I do get a bit scared I'm not going to catch hypos(because of other things but they didn't give me any reassurance I was going it was going to catch them. ) my job is more that I can't predict how active it is until I've down the shift. I posted about this on another thread.

this was where i was talking about my job https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/unprticle-job.98600/

do you know if he's on pens or a pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back