Some thoughts on a 'Pumping' section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Northener. Glad you could support my idea 🙂 but i do not wish to upset Patricia if she would like to keep her own thread. Shall i check with her? or have you already done so? 🙂

Becca, I wonder the same sometimes so it is good to hear what Vanessa says. Thanks Vanessa. 🙂

Last edited:
Oh! Now i see how it works! Patricia still has her thread but there is an additional pumpers thread! Great! I am going to choose to post on the new pumpers thread instead of my own.

Thanks Northener! xx 🙂🙂

Hi all!

One of the best things about this forum (so I think!) is the wonderful diversity of "diabetic experience" - I love reading other people's experiences, whatever type, treatment, age etc...you pick up so much from how other people deal with things. Certainly for any parents worrying about posting in the general board, please don't stop! You'd be surprised, but some of the posts there have really helped me think about my diabetic childhood, & appreciate my parents even more (mad though they undoubted were/are!! :D) Although my pumping ambitions are thwarted (at least for now, grrr!!) I really like being able to have a quick look at what's going on, which I might not do if it was seperate?...

Generally, it's just so lovely to be able to "talk" freely about diabetes among what feels like a lovely bunch of friends. Thanks everyone!

Hi all!

One of the best things about this forum (so I think!) is the wonderful diversity of "diabetic experience" - I love reading other people's experiences, whatever type, treatment, age etc...you pick up so much from how other people deal with things. Certainly for any parents worrying about posting in the general board, please don't stop! You'd be surprised, but some of the posts there have really helped me think about my diabetic childhood, & appreciate my parents even more (mad though they undoubted were/are!! :D) Although my pumping ambitions are thwarted (at least for now, grrr!!) I really like being able to have a quick look at what's going on, which I might not do if it was seperate?...

Generally, it's just so lovely to be able to "talk" freely about diabetes among what feels like a lovely bunch of friends. Thanks everyone!

could not agree with you more , no matter the age or anything we all have diabetes in common and the one thing i know is if ever im having a bad day i cam come on here and somebody will be there for me no matter time or whatever is is just brilliant x

I don't pump... Well i do but not in an insulin way 😱
I don't have a child with Diabetes either
I DO forget to go into the other boards and miss things.
I like having parents and pumpers, T1 & T2 all together, sometimes i cant give help but a kind word helps too.

Anyway can i add my tuppance worth?

I think that the newby board should be scrapped and new people just post on the message board. I never did post on the newby board but i am a confident person and feel that if someone posts on there they might feel like that is their place to post and coming over to the BIG board might be hard.
OK not explaining myself but i hope that you know what i mean.

Julie x

I don't pump... Well i do but not in an insulin way 😱
I don't have a child with Diabetes either
I DO forget to go into the other boards and miss things.
I like having parents and pumpers, T1 & T2 all together, sometimes i cant give help but a kind word helps too.

Anyway can i add my tuppance worth?

I think that the newby board should be scrapped and new people just post on the message board. I never did post on the newby board but i am a confident person and feel that if someone posts on there they might feel like that is their place to post and coming over to the BIG board might be hard.
OK not explaining myself but i hope that you know what i mean.

Julie x

hi julie i think the newbie board should stay it is a nice subtle way for a new person to come in and explain themselves, sometimes the less confident dont want to come straight in to the board , i know when i joined i felt uncomfy just going straight into threads as i was new, but thats just my personal thoughts

hi julie i think the newbie board should stay it is a nice subtle way for a new person to come in and explain themselves, sometimes the less confident dont want to come straight in to the board , i know when i joined i felt uncomfy just going straight into threads as i was new, but thats just my personal thoughts

I agree with you Steff , not everyone is blessed with confidence . I personally didnt post on the Newbie board because I am confident . Not everyone is and some people like to come into the forum quietly and then start posting in threads or sometimes just watch for a while .

Hi all

Yes, I don't think I posted on the newbie board either, and actually I don't really post on the Parents either, which worries me a little...What if there are parents there who want help and/or who can help me? I just don't have time for it all...

Maybe it's an idea to put a direction at the top of the other boards, pointing to the general messageboard if answers can't be found where they are, etc... Then anyone who visits will know the availability and scope of the boards, and know they can crossover wherever...

Mand, somehow missed a few posts on this: no worries about releasing my thread! It served its purpose...And has inspired me to re-think my own blog, languishing for several months now. I may now re-organise and re-make it into a parent blog...

xxoo

I'd like to see the newbie board remain. We have times where we get alot of new members at once and sometimes when it's a big slower. When alot of people join it's been after the site has been in Balance or on the front page of DUK website. What happened was alot of newbie threads were in the general message board and knocked off alot of the other threads.

I'd like it to stay as it is, often we will move a thread over into the general froum if someone is askign something we feel will benefit everyone to see or generate more responses.

I think perhaps the important thing is the titles of the threads.

As long as they are reasonably descriptive (and as far as I can see they all are) I personally find it easy enough to know which ones are about pumping and which are not.

I like being able to read about the pumps on the General Board as I do not have (nor have any prospect of getting one) at the moment but am interested in learning in general terms a bit more about them. I feel if they were in a different place I might not pop in and out for a quick look so often. (eg. at the moment I never look at the parents board, but that is maybe a mistake as perhaps there would be the odd thing I could contribute to in a useful way).
My apologies for the rambling nature of this - my husband tells me I never use enough full stops 😱- but I hope you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back