Some blood results (thyroid experts required)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are getting painful ovulation I would ask for a gynae consult as I had lower stomach pain which the GP said was probably ovulation pain but it turned out to be an ovarian cyst the size of a grapefruit.
I’ve had this pain over the last few years, getting steadily worse. I did have scans etc where they found pelvic congestion but nothing else. I had surgery for that thinking it would make the pain go away…. It got worse!

You really are being so helpful… I appreciate it so much. The test I was looking as was this one (will attach) it’s on offer at the minute but not as cheap as £30, where did you see that one? Mortal damage omg that made me laugh.
When I spoke to my doctor, although she was really nice, not much was done, she tested me for anemia and although my ferritin was low which I have since corrected, I wasn’t anemic. She said it was probably electrolytes because of my diet and said a dietician would be in touch the following week, that never happened. My vit d is borderline and b12 good, and full blood count was normal. I think something will be on my records saying I’m a bit of a basket case, I had depression caused by some trauma before my diagnosis which I did nothing about then diabetes, because I was quite unusual and I had serious stomach pain (which was later found out to be pelvic congestion which was operated on ) I went through very rigorous cancer testing. On Christmas Eve I was sent for gene testing for all the female cancers and told I would the results on Boxing Day, well that Christmas was fun, when I got the all clear from those a doctor called and said my blood work was messed up and they believe i could have pancreatic/stomach or eosophigal (refuse to even and try to spell that word) cancer. I had a breakdown right there and then. Thankfully after camera down the throat, scans CTs and bowel testing I was given the all clear. It was rough and my anxiety was so bad that I couldn’t go back through that doctors door, so I changed doctors and have gone from over zealous to can’t be bothered with you.
Apologies. When I went back to recheck that price, it transpires Thriva add on a cost fot the kit and report, which took it up tp £54.

The test you highlight there does test antibodies so that would be fine, but reading your posts on the thread, I note you Vitamin D is borderline. What actually was that result?

The NHS's view of adequate is quite different to the Vitamin D Council. My Endo likes my Vit D to be 100+, and I actually ended up a little over the upper range at one stage, but as we were heading into winter, my GP was very relaxed, bearing in mind the opportinities for natural VitD would be reducing significantly.

Low Vitamin D can really make some feel lousy. Just a thought, and that is a really cheap test if your GP won't look at it again.

Nevermind thought it sounded too good to be true lol. I will get the antibody one done in the next couple of weeks. Attached is my vitamin D, mind you with all this sun it should be double that by now !! Thankyou so much

Attachments

• 93D00160-DC38-44FC-B4F2-C78D9A05EBBE.jpeg
    93D00160-DC38-44FC-B4F2-C78D9A05EBBE.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 3
Nevermind thought it sounded too good to be true lol. I will get the antibody one done in the next couple of weeks. Attached is my vitamin D, mind you with all this sun it should be double that by now !! Thankyou so much

To be honest, even at 100, personally, I'd want a nudge up. The metabolic bone bods like a good VitD score and only get agitated over 200, in my area anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back