So how do you really feel about your control?

So how do you really feel about youre control?

• (I'm Type 1 and) I have excellent control! Go me!

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • (I'm Type 1 and) Yeah, I'm happy with my control :)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • (I'm Type 1 and) Well, it's not exactly what I'd call good, but it aint too bad either

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • (I'm Type 1 and) It's just not good enough, damn it. Must try harder.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • (I'm Type 1 and) It's terrible! I'm a bad diabetic, bad bad diabetic.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • (I'm Type 2 and) I have excellent control! Go me!

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • (I'm Type 2 and) Yeah, I'm happy with my control :)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • (I'm Type 2 and) Well, it's not exactly what I'd call good, but it aint too bad either

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • (I'm Type 2 and) It's just not good enough, damn it. Must try harder.

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • (I'm Type 2 and) It's terrible! I'm a bad diabetic, bad bad diabetic.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there to one and all!

I know that having a HBa1c is a good indications of your average blood sugars. However, I agree that testing constantly and recording test results does give you a better indication as to exactly how you are doing. I recall last year I had a bout, because of illness, of higher blood sugars. However my HBa1c was 5. This was because of low blood sugars caused by basal rates needing to be reduced because the infection that I had, had cleared. Having a pump, this was fairly easy to alter back to original settings. However, anyone looking at just the HBa1c would have thought what marvellous control. The bottom line was that I had had quite a few lows, as well as higher BG, which obviously had caused my average to only map out as 5. Thats diabetes for you!!!

T1D me (Type 1 Diabetic if you can't decode that! 😛)

Think I'm doing pretty well with my control. I have an Excel spreadsheet for all the days of the month and the 4 times a day I shoot up so I can enter my BS numbers. 🙂

I even have some lovely conditional formatting on the numbers so the cells go green if the BS levels are within the range for that time of day. Red if too high or too low. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back