Smarties cereal, peanut butter in hot chocolate and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any marmite lovers tried marmite and scrambled egg on toast? I thin scraping of marmite on the toast before heaping it with creamy (i.e. not over cooked) scrambled egg used to be a favourite of mine until I moved in with a marmite detester.
If I am having fried eggs with toast soldiers (less often and fewer soldiers these days!) then I usually put marmite on the toast.

You'd be surprised how much sugar is in milk! Especially if you drink whole milk, subsituting your milk for water will reduce the number of calories in their by a lot!

I always use skimmed milk, as you say, a lot less calories, but still only 5g of carbs.
I drink too much coffee though!

Smarties cereal though...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought of Marmite and peanut butter! But, come to think of it, same sort of principle as satay sauce, yum.

PB hot chocolate sounds like a winner, too!

I like to make a sort of coleslaw (shredded cabbage, carrot, spring onion) with a simplified satay sauce (PB, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, chilli, ginger). On its own or mixed with Chinese or Japanese noodles; toasted sesame seeds on top won't go amiss either.

On a simpler PB theme: often, for breakfast, I slice up an apple and spread the slices thickly with PB (crunchy, of course). Fast, healthy, filling.

I never thought of Marmite and peanut butter! But, come to think of it, same sort of principle as satay sauce, yum.

PB hot chocolate sounds like a winner, too!

I like to make a sort of coleslaw (shredded cabbage, carrot, spring onion) with a simplified satay sauce (PB, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, chilli, ginger). On its own or mixed with Chinese or Japanese noodles; toasted sesame seeds on top won't go amiss either.

On a simpler PB theme: often, for breakfast, I slice up an apple and spread the slices thickly with PB (crunchy, of course). Fast, healthy, filling.
I found a great coleslaw recipe.

½ white cabbage
2 medium carrots coarsely grated
4 spring onions
45 g Stilton
200 g
fat free Greek yogurt
½ tsp garlic granules
2 tsp hot sauce
3 tbsp water
salt and pepper

Place the yoghurt, blue cheese, hot sauce, garlic granules and water in a bowl and blitz with a stick blender until a smooth, creamy coating consistency is achieved.
Stir in the cabbage, carrots and spring onions.

I found a great coleslaw recipe.

½ white cabbage
2 medium carrots coarsely grated
4 spring onions
45 g Stilton
200 g
fat free Greek yogurt
½ tsp garlic granules
2 tsp hot sauce
3 tbsp water
salt and pepper

Place the yoghurt, blue cheese, hot sauce, garlic granules and water in a bowl and blitz with a stick blender until a smooth, creamy coating consistency is achieved.
Stir in the cabbage, carrots and spring onions.
Oooh, that sounds lovely!

In the current cost-of-living crisis, I am very grateful that I happen to love cabbage. It is a very nice vegetable, provided one treats it with respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back