Sleepless Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking of getting some of that Nytol stuff - have used it before when not diabetic and it worked quite well. I'm a bit nervous though of it stopping me from waking from a night hypo - almost unheard of for me these days, but you never know. Not a problem if you're not at rist of night hypo, but if you are perhaps it's a consideration before deciding to take something like this. I remember in the early days after diagnosis when I was on beta-blockers - they also happened to reduce my hypo-awareness because the block the adrenaline response. So, always consult the doctor or pharmacist before planning to take something that may have conflicts with your current meds.

I've been thinking of getting some of that Nytol stuff - have used it before when not diabetic and it worked quite well. I'm a bit nervous though of it stopping me from waking from a night hypo - almost unheard of for me these days, but you never know. Not a problem if you're not at rist of night hypo, but if you are perhaps it's a consideration before deciding to take something like this. I remember in the early days after diagnosis when I was on beta-blockers - they also happened to reduce my hypo-awareness because the block the adrenaline response. So, always consult the doctor or pharmacist before planning to take something that may have conflicts with your current meds.

I have been worried about taking herbal and non-herbal sleeping tablets as I am prone to having night-time hypos. Sometimes though it gets to the point were you just have to have some sleep even if it means running your sugars higher for a night.

Northe. When Ive taken the herbal tablets ive woken up hypo. To be honest I doubt they really do much anyway!

What's the life of the product.

I could go months with no problems, last time was during the summer, 6 days then slept like a log every night until last Sunday.

The tablets I received in Nov 09 expire in July 2012

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back