Sleepless nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I had the first proper night's sleep I've had in years. I woke up this morning in the same position I'd gone to sleep in, another first, I normally spin like a tumble drier at night.

I've been under such stress for so long I'd forgotten what it was like. Now that my numbers are coming into the right range, I'm beginning to feel better physically and that's helping me feel more positive. Plus, now I'm home I don't have to worry about paying the rent any more since I own half this place and it's paid for. Paying bills used to be a huge struggle when I was in London. The volunteering is giving me something useful and enjoyable to do with my time and makes me feel better about myself. It all adds up.

In a practical sense, I used to find a warm bath and a hot drink before bed helped me relax enough to drop off. That way I'd at least get a bit of sleep before the tossing and turning began.

Great news to hear that you slept so well Ally! I, on the other hand, slept slightly better, but not much:(

Me the same, couldn't get to sleep for a while, resisited the temptation to get up, and eventually fell into a fitful sleep.

Glad things are better for you alison, and Wally - what's your secret!

Not a good night for me last night either despite calms tablets, and my O/H looked awful this morning. I think my sleeplessness affects him far more than he lets on.

Alison - glad you had a better night.
Wally - how do you manage it

I go to bed sleep around 11pm wake around 2.30 am then awake till 5.00am, sleep again till about 8.00am. Then worn out all day. Drives me nuts. I see that some of you take things like Calms or Night Nurse. The thing is I am on BP pills and never sure what I can take with them. I had a problem with sinuses and took Sudafed which did the trick but can't take them anymore, I asked the pharmascist,with these Perindoperil pills. So what pills clash with what.

Personally, I find a bedtime routine of avoiding caffeine after about 9pm, warm bath, listening to radio in bath then bed etc works for me. Only thing to point out is that warm water can affect insulin absorption, to I prefer to take my evening dose after bath. However, when I'm camping, I never seem to have any trouble getting to sleep, despite lack of washing, radio etc - probably the effects of an active happy day outdoors.
Regarding summoning energy to test blood glucose if feeling hypo at night - I don't bother, just get on with eating something, as if I'm sure I'm low, there's no need to check.

I haven't slept well for the last two months I'm lucky if i get more than 4 hours at the minute and that's with waking up constantly and going to the loo a few times too! But then I am pregnant so can blame it on something or should I say someone x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back