Size sharps bins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this sounds really useful for when you are out in public. im going to get one, thanks.

As for reusing needles... I usually use mine more than once. I can't believe anyone has the patience to change it every single time 😉

It's not a case of patience, more hygeine and not wanting to get an infection, not changing needles is awful, once they are used once they are no longer sterile, the insulin crystalises in the needle so you don't get your full dose, they blunt every time you re-use them and each time they come in contact with the air after you first use them you are more open to getting an infection, how can you compare that to patience? I certainly don't want to take a chance 😡

It's not a case of patience, more hygeine and not wanting to get an infection, not changing needles is awful, once they are used once they are no longer sterile, the insulin crystalises in the needle so you don't get your full dose, they blunt every time you re-use them and each time they come in contact with the air after you first use them you are more open to getting an infection, how can you compare that to patience? I certainly don't want to take a chance 😡

I dont use them till they are rusty or anything... Im talking about using one at breakfast and using it again a couple of hours later at lunch and then changing it next time. Nothing at all has happened so far. No need to use a mad face at me, I may cry a bit 😛

Well done for being bothered to change it everytime. Kudos.

Needles

It was meant to be the blue on next to the angry one, my bad, didn't look before i hit send, anyways it's ok, i got really cross with my step-mum who changes hers once a week, now that is bad and she did get a lecture 🙂

It was meant to be the blue on next to the angry one, my bad, didn't look before i hit send, anyways it's ok, i got really cross with my step-mum who changes hers once a week, now that is bad and she did get a lecture 🙂

ouch that has got to hurt, you can deffinately tell each time that it is a bit less sharp!

Mines a whopping 5 litres LOL

Hi
Where I live we have the choice of sizes supplied by a local organization under contract with our local city council.

I am admittedly on an insulin pump and some of the sharps and pieces of medical equipment which are disposed of take up a little bit more space than normal.

It lasts me in the region of six to eight weeks and has quite a large opening.

Take note that a proper sharps box has a black line clearly marked on it and you must not overfill past this point. The reason for this is so that sharps dont reach the opening.

Have a good New Year 😛

Wow this sounds really useful for when you are out in public. im going to get one, thanks.

As for reusing needles... I usually use mine more than once. I can't believe anyone has the patience to change it every single time 😉

I get a box of Novofine 30g 100's about twice a month, they are 8mm needles and are very easy to carry about. Since I'm using an insulin pen, I just screw the needle on, inject, then screw it off and dispose of. Job done. Next injection I just repeat the procedure.

On my pen you cannot leave the needle attached and put the top back on, for the very reason of hygiene I assume.

I tried reusing a needle once and it hurt A LOT when I tried to reinsert it that I never bothered again.

BTW, even a couple of minutes is enough to contaminate the needle. If you'd ever seen anyone with a nasty staph infection you probably wouldn't reuse the needles! 🙂

Have fun.

G-man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back