Silly idea but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - I lowered my intake of carbs and just watched my levels drop back to normal.
I had decades of 'education' about what I should eat and what I should do - I was hugely overweight and felt far older than I ought to have - it was all because my glucose levels had been high for a long time due to the bad advice and all those 'healthy' carbs.
For a plain ordinary type 2 diabetic eating a low carb diet is all it takes.
There are lots of variations though, to make things more interesting, but I have had too much of interesting times.

Hallo, I don’t think it’s a silly idea. Not everybody struggling has “2 jobs?” Some are doing (or counting on.) “overtime” on a minimum wage, too. (We are looking sometimes at 12 h days.) also a lot of minimum wage workers are in the processed food industries. It’s a double edged sword. If everybody woke up one day & could afford a “health kick” these workers would be down the job centre kicking rocks. Not an easy solution.

Thanks. I was looking for a way of avoiding diabetes etc. for the many. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Once again, I think you meant “avoidable” diabetes.
No amount of exercise or diet change would stop Type 1 diabetes.

Thanks for your comments. I was just supposing all this diabetes could be avoided fior some of us. Of course I have known all my life that healthy eating was advisable and that exercise was good for you. Unfortunately until I got labelled diabetic I did not believe it!
However I feel great now thanks to healthy eating and a lot of walking.
Maybe 10 years younger. Lets hope I can keep it up.

I do the opposite ... go into Sainsburys and Waitrose with a Lidl bag
When the 'bags for life' first came into being we had loads of Tesco ones but I'm not sure whose life they were for because none of those are still around, either they split or the handles detached.
We now have a random selection.

When the 'bags for life' first came into being we had loads of Tesco ones but I'm not sure whose life they were for because none of those are still around, either they split or the handles detached.
We now have a random selection.
Bag for life didn’t mean the bag will last forever but that you can exchange it for a replacement when it wore out

I take very old large fabric SpaceNK (cosmetics shop) bags for my supermarket shop. I am not sure what that says? Food is the cosmetic for my insides?
(I know SpaceNK is not a cheap shop - the bags were free. And still going after about 10 years. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back