She's Home!

brisr949

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thanks so much @brisr949 that is so thoughtful, especially as you have had your own recent hospital stay to deal with.
She is now 3 weeks in from diagnosis. We are struggling with lows at the moment as her pancreas kicks back into gear now it is being helped by the insulin. The good old honeymoon period. She still really struggles with the needles, but remains amazingly positive. Am very proud of her.
I imagine you are as its a lot for a young lady to take in and as for the injections the needle free technology i imagine will soon become pretty much the norm, well thats what i hope anyway..but ive read quite a bit about the subject and do hope that one day it will be.

Adam.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Glad to hear she is getting on so well @stephknits - you have every right to be proud!

And I completely agree about the delights of hypo-treatment selection @Pumper_Sue - I am still slightly gutted that they changed the formulation of Fruit Pastilles so that they were no longer pocket-proof

But thankfully Skittles and Drumstick Squashies have come to my rescue... And Jelly Babies of course... And Sour Patch kids... And Maoam... And Tangfastics... And... And... And... :p

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Glad to hear she is getting on so well @stephknits - you have every right to be proud!

And I completely agree about the delights of hypo-treatment selection @Pumper_Sue - I am still slightly gutted that they changed the formulation of Fruit Pastilles so that they were no longer pocket-proof

But thankfully Skittles and Drumstick Squashies have come to my rescue... And Jelly Babies of course... And Sour Patch kids... And Maoam... And Tangfastics... And... And... And... :p
I have not even heard of most of those sweets.
There is some ‘research’ to be done!

stephknits

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
All joking aside, that is pretty much how Alice sees it. If she goes low, it's free sweets, but if high the possibility of a correction jab. You can imagine which way she wants to head! I am sure I'm going even more grey as yesterday she must have had at least four hypos and then two overnight.
Obviously her tresiba needs lowering, which we have done, but have to wait three days for change to take effect. Have also changed her meal time ratios to 1:12. Will have to keep fire fighting til after bank holiday and catch up with her team then.
As I have already said, how new parents manage this is beyond me.