shepherds pie on 24th March all welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Just a reminder that for our 'big night in' we are having Cottage/Shepherds pie. Obviously you can change it to a veggie option - the point of this experiment is to get the mashed potato right as its so hard to dose for for some.🙂

All newbies are welcome to join in - the more the merrier. All you need to tell us is the carb content and how you dosed your insulin and also your levels pre-meal and for the next 4 or 5 hours afterwards.

It doesnt matter if its home-made or a product from the shop.🙂Bev

OOOOOO Bev ...... can me and Nath come ... 🙂

Bit of worcester sauce, tabasco ... and a sprinkle of cheese on top ... luvvvveerrrlllyyyyy ..... 🙂

Heidi
xx:D

Nice one I like abit of cottage pie count me in Bev. x

p.s mmmmmm splash of worcester sauce goes down a treat

p.p.s Heidi all are welcome we have been doing this a little while now and have all collated quite alot of intresting results, so far we have done fish and chips, pizza,fajitas,curry and rice and jacket potatoes plus a salad night.

I'm in, but I'll do my carrot and swede mash recipe if that's ok?

I'm in, but I'll do my carrot and swede mash recipe if that's ok?

Of course it is! You might like to put the recipe on here for other type 2's who might want a lower carb version of it.🙂Bev

OOOOOO Bev ...... can me and Nath come ...

Bit of worcester sauce, tabasco ... and a sprinkle of cheese on top ... luvvvveerrrlllyyyyy .....

Heidi

Heidi, your the 'guest of honour'!:D

Do you think N will be ok about testing every hour for the few hours afterwards?😉🙂Bev xxxx

Of course it is! You might like to put the recipe on here for other type 2's who might want a lower carb version of it.🙂Bev

I did a while back, here's the link. I got a deal on some nice looking lamb mince today too off a market stall. Perfick!:D

Heidi, your the 'guest of honour'!:D

Do you think N will be ok about testing every hour for the few hours afterwards?😉🙂Bev xxxx

Hey Bev ...

Just asked N ... he said no worries ... He would be happy to do so .... ooooo ... just thought you could even make the famous stew from your home town .... ooo mi nan used to make it amazing

Heidi
xx🙂

Hey Bev ...

Just asked N ... he said no worries ... He would be happy to do so .... ooooo ... just thought you could even make the famous stew from your home town .... ooo mi nan used to make it amazing

Heidi
xx🙂

Always after new ideas Heidi hun , Bev usually does all the hard graft r.e the choice of dish and the options in a poll so the more suggestions the better for us all x

Hey Bev ...

Heidi
xx🙂

Heidi, good idea! If you think of any more let us know and we can do a poll and have them over the next few weeks! Although I am not sure Southerners will know what 'stew' is - I think its called 'casserole' here as its posher!:DBev x

p.s. No offence to Southerners - I live down south now and Alex is a true Southerner!:D

Heidi, good idea! If you think of any more let us know and we can do a poll and have them over the next few weeks! Although I am not sure Southerners will know what 'stew' is - I think its called 'casserole' here as its posher!:DBev x

p.s. No offence to Southerners - I live down south now and Alex is a true Southerner!:D

Hehehe ... stew, casserole .... but good old scouse to me .... 🙂 ... it cant be beat on a cold winter day .. good comfort food ... and makes a massive pan ..

Another one thats good is "tattie hash" ... potato hash ...

Heidi
xx🙂

Hehehe ... stew, casserole .... but good old scouse to me .... 🙂 ... it cant be beat on a cold winter day .. good comfort food ... and makes a massive pan ..

Another one thats good is "tattie hash" ... potato hash ...

Heidi
xx🙂

mmm tattie hash with brown sauce

LOL ... just what I was thinking when posted up ... ooo ... and some beetroot or red cabbage .. or both .... mmmm

Heidi
xx🙂

LOL ... just what I was thinking when posted up ... ooo ... and some beetroot or red cabbage .. or both .... mmmm

Heidi
xx🙂

ohh Heidi stop im drooling all over haha, red cabbage and tattie hash food to die for xx

Stovies we call that here, usually made with leftovers from the Sunday roast. A real rib sticker for a cold day. Too much spud for me these days though, I wonder if it would work with sweet potato?

Stovies we call that here, usually made with leftovers from the Sunday roast. A real rib sticker for a cold day. Too much spud for me these days though, I wonder if it would work with sweet potato?

Hi AlisonM ...

It sure does work with sweet potato ... Hehehe .. I tried it on Nathan .. and he loved it ... especially with a sprinkle of paprika and cayanne pepper

Heidi

That sounds really good Heidi. I'll try it soon and report back.

We not able to join in this one but will read the results with interest. 🙂

Did mine last night and will post the results once the results thread is up. Although I didn't test that many times as I was at work, so not sure how useful the data will be.

Decided to get shop bought shepards pie tonight.Wanted to cook from scratch but seen as i have made home made 3 times thought id take the easy option lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back