Shattered but happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did, I had a great journey home, mostly spent chatting to another woman sitting opposite me. Made the time fly. Then I was half drowned by a very happy Jack Russel who was very pleased to see her favourite playmate. After half an hour of throw the ball, I managed to get a seat and a cuppa. It's great to be back here.

Alison, great to hear you got 'home' safely! 🙂

Nice one then you will be under Scotish Ambulance Service (Inverness) Been up there alot latley. snowy season is coming.

Do you like skiing

Nice one then you will be under Scotish Ambulance Service (Inverness) Been up there alot latley. snowy season is coming.

Do you like skiing

Skiing, skating, curling, hill walking, sailing, swimming, I used to do all that. The sailing and swimming I can still do easily (I have a little skiff on The Loch), the rest is kinda hard with the walking stick, though perhaps I can do the hill walking bit if I go slow.

Out the window this morning I can hear the odd car and lots of birds singing, no buses, lorries, sirens. Peace, perfect peace.😎

Hope there's enough snow for a ski season in Scotland once in a while... I last skiied (cross country skis, so no need for tows and prepared slopes) in UK around Aviemore in spring 2003, and Cambridge in a couple of Jans / Febs since 1999! Much more reliable snow back in 1989 - 92 when Newcastle University Nordic Ski Club skiied several times each winter in Cairngorms / Pennines / Exhibition Park / Norway etc.
Agree walking poles (wrist loops are essential) are great - I use a pair sometimes in hills / rough ground / carrying heavy pack etc, even though I never need a stick on normal ground. Means your use your upper body strenth as well as legs, so get more complete exercise. Some places offer nordic walking classes in parks etc, but haven't tried that myself.

Now then! Alison are you deliberately going out of your way to make me jealous😡:D It's working!! Lol:D You go girl....enjoy everything hame has to offer, sound's like your quality of life is going to improve exponentially!!🙂
Now would I do a thing like that?

Sadly you can't count on the snow these days, global warming means warmer, wetter winters up here. Not that we need more rain, the locals all have webbed feet already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back