Shattered but happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
All the running around is done, the Oxfam man has gone off with all my bits and a big grin. Apart from a run-in with a receptionist at the surgery, the day has gone well and I'm ready for the off.

I took the sharps bin back this afternoon and explained I was taking it back because I'm leaving London. The receptionist smiled brightly and said "that's fine, would you like another one?" "No thanks, I'm leaving London in the morning, I'll get another one at home." She smiled brightly and said "That's good, I hope you have a good journey, would you like another bin?" Sigh. "No, I'm leaving London in the morning and won't be back, I'll ask my new doctor for one when I'm settled." We trooped round to the locked room where these buckets live and she smiled brightly as she took the thing and put it in. "There" she said "That's safely done. Now, would you like a new one?"

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😡 "What are you woman, a Stepford receptionist?"

Good Luck with your move Alison , I hope it all goes smoothly for you are you settle back home quickly 🙂🙂

Glad your sorted out - just one question - did you get another sharps bin of the receptionist before you left London?😛🙂Bev x

'Stepford receptionists' - cracked me up! There's a poem in there, I'm sure!

I'm sure there's a big 'welcome in the hillsides' for you Alison, London's loss!🙂

Get back online quickly - we'll miss you!:D

I'm sure there's a big 'welcome in the hillsides' for you Alison, London's loss!🙂

Ditto cant wait to hear how you settle in :D:

hahaha what a crazy lady :D im guessing she doesn't actually listen to people 😱

How exciting Alison, good luck tomorrow. I'm excited for you, I love moving house although I am now very settled. What an adventure for you.

Take care and let us know how you get on.

Ah see now that's the joy of train travel, they have WiFi these days.:D This nethead won't be deprived.

Good luck with the move, you have worked hard enough for it. I can just picture the Stepford Receptionist, the image made me smile.

Here I am on the train at last. Had a wee bit of a snivel as I passed my old stamping ground at Ludgate Circus, but on the whole I've shaken the dust of London off my shoes and am looking forward to being home tonight. Civilisation here I come!😎

I'm moving home to Inverness after 23 years in London. The reasoning being that I have family there who'll be in and out in case I throw another wobbler.

Hope everything went smoothly for you Alison, hope you'll be very happy back home North of the Border.

xx

It did, I had a great journey home, mostly spent chatting to another woman sitting opposite me. Made the time fly. Then I was half drowned by a very happy Jack Russel who was very pleased to see her favourite playmate. After half an hour of throw the ball, I managed to get a seat and a cuppa. It's great to be back here.

It did, I had a great journey home, mostly spent chatting to another woman sitting opposite me. Made the time fly. Then I was half drowned by a very happy Jack Russel who was very pleased to see her favourite playmate. After half an hour of throw the ball, I managed to get a seat and a cuppa. It's great to be back here.

bet its still light aswell! welcome home:D

Heavens no! This is the far frozen North it was dark by 6:30*. We played inside with a very soft ball that won't do any damage if it hits something.

*On the other hand it stays light till one or two in the morning in summer.

Heavens no! This is the far frozen North it was dark by 6:30*. We played inside with a very soft ball that won't do any damage if it hits something.

*On the other hand it stays light till one or two in the morning in summer.

opps no in wrong season !! sorry !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back