Sharps!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been diabetic for 26 years and have NEVER had or even been offered a sharps bin. My mum was told to just put stuff in the normal bin. And when I asked (when I moved to adult care team) I was told the same thing - in a different area/PCT too.

So I'm in the Sutton & Merton PCT (I think!), does anyone know what their policy re sharps bins is?

This is from the Sutton council site for clinical waste which is what collection of sharps bin comes under:

The Council provides a clinical waste collection and disposal service for residents who have medical conditions which generate waste that must be incinerated under controlled conditions.

These services are provided to enable individual residents to continue living in their own homes. Strict confidentiality is maintained on the addresses and medical conditions of individuals receiving this service.

Contact us

Environmental Protection
24 Denmark Road
Carshalton
Surrey
SM5 2JG

Tel: 020 8770 5070

Hi All

I emailed my Diabetic nurse about this and she said:

It is a difficult one where the GP won't take responsibility. I've attached a factsheet but it seems that councils can charge if they want. I can't find anything more recent. Diabetes UK clearly see it as a problem but there isn't yet any national strategy.

So i have attached a link below where u can download the doc, if u wanna read.

I sent it to myself via yousendit, so the link is safe. 🙂

It looks like its different all over the country, bit of a b***er. :(

Kt x

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/868896583/be87c57864bd0455a7cdc755b6e7d75a

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back