Sharing an idea re eating out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many fast food places have leaflets or back of tray covers printed with nutritional content of food, which I find more convenient than carrying reference sheets, which might be out of date before I actually eat at the relevent place. But good idea if it helps some people.

McDonalds also put nutritional values (including carbohydrate content) on all their products now so you can see it on the packets once you've bought them. Really useful and something the other fast food places should do I reckon!

Hi everyone

Gosh!!!!! I did not expect a response like this to my thread! I will tell my son how clever he is to have come up with the idea! 🙂

I am more than happy to email the A4 sheet to anyone who wants to pm me their email address. 🙂

But i don't want any of you being disapointed! They are not comprehensive, they only have a few carb values on because i have just put on the few things that my son tends to eat. Having said that, you can use my template to add your own items.

My cards are not great but i think the idea is, which is why i wanted to share the idea with you but, as i have already said, i happy to email you the bit i have done.

Also i must add that you would need to use my carb values at your own risk! I do not want to be responsible for any problems! As someone has said, values do go out of date!

I plan to make more cards when i have done more research. For example, i want to do one for indian food and one for chinese.

Mand xx

Sorry for delay in emailing carb cards to those who have sent me email address but i having problems sending it. I have sent it to a couple of people and they cannot open it so not emailing it to anyone else till i sort out the problem! :confused:

Can i pm it to anyone? Don't think i can, can I? Like an attachment or something? :confused:

Hi Mand

Have you got the latest version of word by any chance? If you have then that could be the problem. You would need to save it in the compatible 2003-2007 format.

Just a thought.

Sorry for delay in emailing carb cards to those who have sent me email address but i having problems sending it. I have sent it to a couple of people and they cannot open it so not emailing it to anyone else till i sort out the problem! :confused:

Can i pm it to anyone? Don't think i can, can I? Like an attachment or something? :confused:

Hiya Mand , if you get it sorted can you let me know pleaseee ?? Ive got two of my Email accounts on my profile page honey 🙂 Thankyou 🙂

I think it ok now!

Please pm me your email address if you want me to send to you. 🙂

I think it ok now!

Please pm me your email address if you want me to send to you. 🙂

Heya Mand , thanks for that honey 🙂 they are brilliant 🙂 what a good idea though !! trust a child to come up with things us adults wouldnt think of ! 🙂

Hi Mand,

I think that's a brilliant idea also good of greggs to get back to you. Everyone wants them from you now!

You sould suggest the idea to some of the larger fast food chains. It would be a good marketing tool for them.

They could provide credit card sized nutritional information in holders at the counter.

You sould suggest the idea to some of the larger fast food chains. It would be a good marketing tool for them.

They could provide credit card sized nutritional information in holders at the counter.

Or maybe a good alternative would be to have an option on their website where you could select the foods you eat from their menus and create your own, personalised one (as Mand and son have done). This would be more feasible than having a CC-sized item containing full details of all products available - the print would need to be tiny, and with my eyesight these days definitely something to avoid!🙂

maybe you could offer to bulid the system for them northe, could make some serious money :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back