Sharing an idea re eating out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mand

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi everyone

Just thought i would share this with you in case it is of help to you.

I have made my son some 'credit card size' carb cards. Each card is headed up with a particular eating place eg Pizza hut or McDonalds or Greggs etc. On the cards is listed the foods he most likely to eat and the carb value.

He carries these cards in his wallet (they fit nicely into the section where you would put all your credit and debit cards) and he can use them when he eats out, whether he with me or with friends.

I did them on the computer then printed them out on coloured card and cut them up. I hope i am making sense! I only had to use one A4 sheet.

I am going to printed a set out for me too.

I can't take credit (excuse the pun!) for this idea as it was my sons idea. But i can take credit for trawling though all the websites to look up carb values! I emailed Greggs and they replied with the carb values of the items i aksed about. Impressive!

Mand 🙂

Wonderful idea Mand! (and son)🙂

Can i be cheeky and ask for a copy? I have a laminater and could make a few and give them to anyone who is likely to be looking after A - like his friends parents or school etc...I am sure when A is allowed to go into town with his friends this will be invaluable - as i know he probably wont want a healthy brown sandwich!😱Bev

excellent work Mand, I don't eat out too often but sometimes fall to the weakness of greggs when work extra manic! Would apprecaite their values, could you PM me with them by any chance??

Thanks again Mand

Rossi.:D

Thats a great idea!! 🙂

Brilliant idea. I've been on leave this week, but next week I can pester the caterers at work and ask for carb values in their stuff, and maybe even push my luck and ask for a list of ingredients too...

Brilliant idea. I've been on leave this week, but next week I can pester the caterers at work and ask for carb values in their stuff, and maybe even push my luck and ask for a list of ingredients too...

Ooh! Caroline - do you really want to know that they're using pig snouts and chicken lips to make that tasty broth you like?😱😉

thats a fantastic idea! I'd love a copy of those!

Brilliant idea Mand! There are some in the back of the Collins gems carb counter too if you dont have it and want me to message you let me know. Just looked now and its Mac Donalds, Wimpy (havent seen one in years!), pizza hut and burger King.

I was thinking of doing something similar myself with coffee shops and cakes and sandwiches etc!

Haven't done dafne course yet but aware of the benefits of carb counting! You should patent the idea or even go on Dragons Den with this idea!! 'I'm in' as they'd say!!

Hi Mand ..

Thats a brilliant idea ..... :D

Heidi
xx:D

Well Done Mand , thats an excellent idea !! 🙂🙂 Quite an Entrepreneur you have there ! 😉

Brilliant idea - and nice and simple to make. :D

mand looks like you could profit from this... print more out and flog them :D

That's a brilliant idea! And it certainly could be a bit of a money spinner for you, should you be so inclined!

xx

well done Mand thats a brill idea, alan sugar watch out :D

Hi Mand,

Would you please send me a copy of them? I'd love to have something like that for quick reference. I'll send you my e-mail address in a PM if you're ok with sending me a copy.

Thanks,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back