Shakiness got a diagnoses

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i was able to speak with my partners doctor the other day and just happened to mention shakiness of the hands which can be really bad.

i thought it was because of what i have recently endured but then i realised it couldn't as it started some years ago not bad though so never bothered my doctors.

i honestly thought the shakiness of my hands was either diabetes go low on me to Parkinson's but the doctor ran through a series of questions and he knew straight away what it was. apparently it is some kind of benign condition which affects the nerves but luckily i was recently prescribed a new medication and without me knowing that is the correct medication for the medical condition what i have developed over time.

the downside is that when it comes to eating i could end up chucking food all over the place, oh well bibs here we come.

the worst part is trying to press buttons on the telephone keypad can be difficult at times so any suggestions for this most welcome.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
If you are asking about landline phones, have you looked at the BT4600? It's got big buttons and is a decent speaker phone. We have one largely for MrsB who struggles with her sight at times.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
yes landline phones i will def take a look. when i next log in to the doctors app i will see if i can get that diagnoses it is rather a long one for me in one ear out the other affraid. i really need info on it to see how bad it can get. my hands were shaky again this morning on waking took the medication and the shakiness has settled down really good stuff. just a shame it doesn't last all day and night though. i can take a second tablet but there can be some side effect risks where one tablet i can tolerate.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
as i was sat here just saw the medium lady walking past with her dogs in a dressing gown. it is only 4 degrees with a 15mph wind! i mean eh

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Was your medium lady preceded by a small lady and followed by a large lady?

And did the small lady have a St Bernard, the medium lady a Labrador and the large lady a Peke?

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
strange enough she thought that she was been pestered by a little lady not sure about the dog been a medium think the conversation would of been interesting and she does actually think one of her whippets is a medium. she is nice enough in her own daft way. and there is me thinking the last neighbour was an idiot boy why do i get them? she only went to my partners funeral and wanted to pass messages to me naturally i thought she was on about mobile phone things.

EllsBells

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
yes landline phones i will def take a look. when i next log in to the doctors app i will see if i can get that diagnoses it is rather a long one for me in one ear out the other affraid. i really need info on it to see how bad it can get. my hands were shaky again this morning on waking took the medication and the shakiness has settled down really good stuff. just a shame it doesn't last all day and night though. i can take a second tablet but there can be some side effect risks where one tablet i can tolerate.
There are converters that can take your mobile and attached a traditional style phone to it so you are using a handset. There are also fake phones that can take a mobile sim.

If you are quite techy and not on a tight budget there are several types of electronic wrist supports available that will help stabilise tremors - I was looking at them recently. Good place to start is on the Parkinson's website.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i know why i didn't go to the doctors when this first started the simple answer i just got very involved in caring for my loved on so put my own health on the back burner.

Elis that post is very interesting budget is okay so i will take a look on the website i know the condition with the hands is similiar going from what my step sister was telling me. i was very worried that it was Parkinson's as i am only in my mid 50's and i had good friends who had and also my partner had it and it was so not nice seeing the decline month in month out. quite a few famous tv people seem to have it and was reading the thing about Billy Conley giving up his career to fight the battle with the disease.

EllsBells

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i know why i didn't go to the doctors when this first started the simple answer i just got very involved in caring for my loved on so put my own health on the back burner.

Elis that post is very interesting budget is okay so i will take a look on the website i know the condition with the hands is similiar going from what my step sister was telling me. i was very worried that it was Parkinson's as i am only in my mid 50's and i had good friends who had and also my partner had it and it was so not nice seeing the decline month in month out. quite a few famous tv people seem to have it and was reading the thing about Billy Conley giving up his career to fight the battle with the disease.
I was looking into it for a friend with different neurological issues - pregabalin can do it to you. The presenting symptoms are similar so Parkinson's website was a practical starting point. Happy hunting! - btw this can also apply to spoons and all sorts of other devices.