Sensor randomly stopped working?

MarkGeordie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My Libre sense wouldn’t work this morning?

I went to scan and it just said it had stopped working and I needed to replace it, I still had a few days left on it.

Any ideas?

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sorry to hear about your faulty sensor, sadly you won’t be able to get it working again but all is not lost.ok, Don’t throw the away as abbot will want it back to do any necessary checks they will also send a replacement .

MarkGeordie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear about your faulty sensor, sadly you won’t be able to get it working again but all is not lost.ok, Don’t throw the away as abbot will want it back to do any necessary checks they will also send a replacement .
Thanks for that.

I’ve taken it off and kept it to one side.

Do I just ring them and explain?

Reactions: Ljc

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Yes we had one that did that. You'll have to put a new one in but phone Abbott and they will replace it free of charge. They will send you a bag and envelope to send the old one back to them so don’t throw it away!

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Thanks for that.

I’ve taken it off and kept it to one side.

Do I just ring them and explain?
Yes they might ask a lot of questions but as long as they don’t think you did anything wrong, which you didn’t, they will replace it.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I find they don't ask for the sensor back. They just need the serial number, which is available on your reader.

Actually, my last sensor gave up the ghost four hours ahead of schedule, but even I didn't have the nerve to ring for a replacement. I self fund, so that's nearly a quid I'll never see again.:mad:

MarkGeordie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I find they don't ask for the sensor back. They just need the serial number, which is available on your reader.

Actually, my last sensor gave up the ghost four hours ahead of schedule, but even I didn't have the nerve to ring for a replacement. I self fund, so that's nearly a quid I'll never see again.:mad:
They asked for the serial number and also said that I’d need to send it back.

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
They have always been good about replacing faulty ones.
Glad that you got it sorted.