Senser usage

I too use my phone's display (Juggluco displays it at all times) and it also sends to my watch so check it on there (hence my very low numbers!
Mine says 5 per day for similar reasons. I think back when it mattered I was scanning 40 or so times a day.

At the time there was some differences of opinion about whether that was helpful or not; I think some people felt you should look when you expected to use the information (so before meals, mostly). I think that was based on test strips, though, and I don't think anyone believes that any more. (I think Abbott produced some evidence that frequent scanning was correlated with better control.)

I use a reader and I scan an average of low-mid 30s and have done since I started using Libre 3.5 years ago. I find it interesting that this number is so consistent when I don't particularly scan at set times, just as and when I am curious, plus the obligatory ones. The background info I get from all those other scans that are not essential, gives me a significant insight into how my levels respond to situations and foods and stress etc so I really do think more scans can be beneficial as long as you don't fret over them.

so I really do think more scans can be beneficial as long as you don't fret over them.

Abbotts early (anonymised) data review following the roll-out of Libre1 showed just that. There was a positive association between improved glucose management, and higher scan frequency.

As you say, as long as you don’t drive yourself crackers with data-overload, more information and checks seem to really help

Mine's an average of 6 scans a day. Why when before meals hence knowing I need insulin, or when wondering if I need a correction for whatever reason, I have to fingerprick test always since my old tech pump only calculates insulin dosage from its companion glucometer/remote control, would I ever scan as well? Only time I do both usually is if Libre says I'm higher or lower than I think I ought to be, and definitely when Libre says I'm hypo. Usually I'm most definitely not. eg I see a little red patch on the screen graph between me eating my lunch (at approx 1.30pm, BG 8.7, Carb 50g, Insulin 5u) the graph was on a downward trajectory as BG high earlier so correction for that still active so having eaten and enjoyed my lunch which took half a hour and then I made a cup of coffee and sat down again, the graph line didn't start going up until 3pm. The red line is around 2.30 ish for half an hour ish, I'd say.

View attachment 31963

There are many watches that work with Libre but they all need 3rd party apps to get the data and then display it - If you have an android phone, I downloaded Juggluco on to it (it's not in the playstore so you'll need to google it - easy enough to find though) - this provides real time CGM data even on the lock screen of your phone so it's really good - there is no need to break the bank buying a top of the range smartwatch - just one that enables you to download apps on to it (the really cheap ones do not!) - mine is a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, which I got brand new from Amazon for about £100 (the latest ones are £300+) - the battery life is pretty terrible (you need to charge it once a day ideally - but it does charge very quickly) - then with another app downloaded onto your phone called G Watch Wear you can link the Juggulco (Libre) to display on the watchface as per the pic above - I takes a bit of doing but there are tutorials all over the place - check the "Libre Geeks" Facebook page and there are loads on there - If you have an iphone I believe the app you need to link them is XDrip+ (Rather than Juggulco, which does not work with iphones
I kept coming round to the Galaxy watch 4 myself. The cheap “Gloryfit” os watches don’t work. I tried Gluroo sending BG via diary as notifications to a very cheap Gloryfit watch? But the firmware wouldn’t have it. So I bit the bullet & got the GW4 off Amazon, too. Some of the stock Galaxy faces also allow BGs shown in complications if you fancy a different style?

I kept coming round to the Galaxy watch 4 myself. The cheap “Gloryfit” os watches don’t work. I tried Gluroo sending BG via diary as notifications to a very cheap Gloryfit watch? But the firmware wouldn’t have it. So I bit the bullet & got the GW4 off Amazon, too. Some of the stock Galaxy faces also allow BGs shown in complications if you fancy a different style?
Yes I believe you can add the BG complications to other Galaxy Watch faces too, but I've not had the watch that long so am not au fait with doing that - I think you have to have Juggluco installed on the watch too, but from what I've read that can be a bit of a faff - so I'm happy with the G Watch Wear App watchface - Go to the links in "Files" section of "Libre Geeks" Facebook page and there are several files on there which tell you how to do it

Yes I believe you can add the BG complications to other Galaxy Watch faces too, but I've not had the watch that long so am not au fait with doing that - I think you have to have Juggluco installed on the watch too, but from what I've read that can be a bit of a faff - so I'm happy with the G Watch Wear App watchface - Go to the links in "Files" section of "Libre Geeks" Facebook page and there are several files on there which tell you how to do it
It’s done in an app already with the OS bundle on the Android phone called “Galaxy wearable?” Sometimes on a face design there is an option for G-watch to show the BG. Tap on it in the watch face & it pulled up the graph. I’ve only had the watch a few months. Just like messing about with it. Watch body protector fitted. Get historically a little clumsy with watches. Already had to replace the “stock” strap? Falling through a loft conversion access point I tore it. (Don’t ask.) new one is substantial & just as comfortable. Personally. I’m more engaged with my diabetes with a watch as opposed to pulling out my phone. Which is more “forgivable” in my lifestyle & the people in it.

You_Doodle_2024-10-15T18_35_53Z.jpegYou_Doodle_2024-10-15T18_41_51Z.jpeg

It’s done in an app already with the OS bundle on the Android phone called “Galaxy wearable?” Sometimes on a face design there is an option for G-watch to show the BG. Tap on it in the watch face & it pulled up the graph. I’ve only had the watch a few months. Just like messing about with it. Watch body protector fitted. Get historically a little clumsy with watches. Already had to replace the “stock” strap? Falling through a loft conversion access point I tore it. (Don’t ask.) new one is substantial & just as comfortable. Personally. I’m more engaged with my diabetes with a watch as opposed to pulling out my phone. Which is more “forgivable” in my lifestyle & the people in it.

View attachment 32005View attachment 32006
Loving the strap - and thanks for the intel! Might have play around with it at some stage but yes I love the functionality of being able to glance at my watch instead of pulling out my phone all the time too

View attachment 32005View attachment 32006
Do you have the name of the watch face design you use please?

Loving the strap - and thanks for the intel! Might have play around with it at some stage but yes I love the functionality of being able to glance at my watch instead of pulling out my phone all the time too
Thanks for the comment on the strap a fraction of sourcing a Samsung original? Pleasantly pleased. (With the utmost respect.) By all means work with what you are used to. It’s “early doors” for me too with the watch. Lol, the battery life could be better I’ve tuned off what I don’t need. Just want the time & my BGs? Which cuts it to a 1.5 days. Discovered my phone can also top it up battery wise wirelessly, in the right spot? Sharing power is not the greatest idea. But I do carry a spare magnetic charger.

Do you have the name of the watch face design you use please?
Hello, just seen your post. It was sort of a face recommendation on the Galaxy wearable app along with 2 others came under “featured watch faces” 2 of which looked fancy but from the description looked limited. I just tried it out & saved the “face.” I would recommend not using a traditional analogue sweeping clock face as the hands at certain times of day cover the BG readings on the complication.

I’m more engaged with my diabetes with a watch as opposed to pulling out my phone.
I agree. Also a bit less so in that I can glance and see the BG so easily I don't really need to think about it most of the time (when it's not doing something unexpected). I'm just using the Juggluco watch face with some complications providing weather and things. Not suitable if you don't want your watch screaming your BG, I guess, but as I said nobody notices.

Attachments

• PXL_20241015_203905988.jpg
    PXL_20241015_203905988.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1
I've just had a serious play around, and have finally managed to get my BG level showing and working on the watch face that I've used for years (over different watches).

I have a Samsung watch 6. I use a sensor and Librelink.

The short version of the instructions are.

Install Librelinkup to your phone and connect that to LibreLink.

Install Gluroo, to your phone also and connect that to the librelinkup that you have just installed.

Now you can customise the watch face as you want, as long as it's customisable.

Gluroo will also show your BG on your phones lock screen for you, and it also continually shows your BG level in the notification panel at the top of your phone screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241015_214934_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20241015_214934_Gallery.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20241015_215648_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
    Screenshot_20241015_215648_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20241016_190121.jpg
    20241016_190121.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20241016_190353.jpg
    20241016_190353.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've just had a serious play around, and have finally managed to get my BG level showing and working on the watch face that I've used for years (over different watches).

I have a Samsung watch 6. I use a sensor and Librelink.

The short version of the instructions are.

Install Librelinkup to your phone and connect that to LibreLink.

Install Gluroo, to your phone also and connect that librelinkup that you have just installed.

Now you can customise the watch face as you want, as long as it's customisable.

Gluroo will also show your BG on your phones lock screen for you, and it also continually shows your BG level in the notification panel at the top of your phone screen.
Quality. You might even get BGs to show where the weather is? Pending on specific complication choices. Just takes the confidence to mess about. 🙂

Back