Senser usage

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Curious to know others peoples usage…
This is mine over the last 2 weeks…
Think I’m a little over the top

IMG_3637.png

The number of scans people do will depend on their circumstances. The beauty of the sensors is it is a lot easier than finger pricking and so much more information with the direction of travel too.

I am using a closed loop system so my pump is checking my levels every 5 minutes every day. I am glad that I don’t need to be involved at that rate.

It will be interesting to see other responses.

I must admit I don’t think I’ve ever looked at that. My figures are about half of yours. I’ve been using a Libre for about 9 years so I’m not as new fangled as you! Good game, good game! 😉

Attachments

• IMG_6251.png
    IMG_6251.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
Screenshot_20241013-111131.jpg
I'm not far off your stats by the look of it!!
By the look of your profile pic though you're in the building trade. I have done a bit of work on buidling sites before I got LIbre and I think I'd be checking as much as you are. As it is I now work in Social Care and I'm rushing around all day in and out of the car so I think that's why my stats are up there.

Well my figures are very modest because I use a third party app (Sweet Dreams) I order to get readings onto my Apple Watch - I can’t imagine how many times I check that every day!
But people are different, they use sensors differently, so comparisons such as this are pretty pointless IMHO.
The only value I could see in such a report would be back in the bad old days when you had to “prove” to your HCPs that you were scanning at least 8 times a day!

Mine will be lower as I mainly look at my watch not the libre app. Though I make sure to look at libre app before driving even though it’s the same data as on the watch, just so it’s recorded that I checked.

Since Libre does automatic readings via Bluetooth, I don’t do any scans. The numbers just appear on my phone which I look at when I need to. Some days this is a lot. Some days it isn’t.
I think as long as I don’t get obsessed by it and can survive without a sensor, I have no problem. I sometimes take a CGM break to “wean” myself off it and check I still have hypo sensitivity in case tech fails.

I too use my phone's display (Juggluco displays it at all times) and it also sends to my watch so check it on there (hence my very low numbers!
1728834660103.jpeg
It has highlighted to me how much time I have connection problems and sensors having errors though - particularly this week since I changed sensor 7 days ago and only 88% active, which is pretty poor

It has highlighted to me how much time I have connection problems and sensors having errors though - particularly this week since I changed sensor 7 days ago and only 88% active, which is pretty poor
Why aren’t you scanning to fill the gaps?

Mine will be lower as I mainly look at my watch not the libre app. Though I make sure to look at libre app before driving even though it’s the same data as on the watch, just so it’s recorded that I checked.
I’m keen to get a watch. Have you got a link or recommendation?
Or is there only one available?

I’m keen to get a watch. Have you got a link or recommendation?
Or is there only one available?
There’s loads of smart watches on the market.

1728837819290.jpeg

There are many watches that work with Libre but they all need 3rd party apps to get the data and then display it - If you have an android phone, I downloaded Juggluco on to it (it's not in the playstore so you'll need to google it - easy enough to find though) - this provides real time CGM data even on the lock screen of your phone so it's really good - there is no need to break the bank buying a top of the range smartwatch - just one that enables you to download apps on to it (the really cheap ones do not!) - mine is a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, which I got brand new from Amazon for about £100 (the latest ones are £300+) - the battery life is pretty terrible (you need to charge it once a day ideally - but it does charge very quickly) - then with another app downloaded onto your phone called G Watch Wear you can link the Juggulco (Libre) to display on the watchface as per the pic above - I takes a bit of doing but there are tutorials all over the place - check the "Libre Geeks" Facebook page and there are loads on there - If you have an iphone I believe the app you need to link them is XDrip+ (Rather than Juggulco, which does not work with iphones

24 scans per day for me. Tend not to obsess over it - my alarm will sound if I am approaching a hypo/ hyper so tend not to worry too much about regular scans.

I'm moving to closed loop later this week, so will be interesting to see the differences.

I too use my phone's display (Juggluco displays it at all times) and it also sends to my watch so check it on there (hence my very low numbers!
View attachment 31962
Can you have Juggluco and Libre Link App both running in tandem i.e both getting updates at the same time?

Definitely - they both work for me - I've got Gluroo app as well which also works at the same time

Can you have Juggluco and Libre Link App both running in tandem i.e both getting updates at the same time?
Maybe. I find I need to scan with LibreLink to update it, and LibreLink says it can't produce alarms. On the positive side, its Home Screen still shows a 24 hour Time in Range. It's possible that that's because I use the Reader to initialise the sensor.

Back