Self appointed 'diabetes police'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex had a horrid day and had his annual bloods done at the GP's and was crying as the nurse was less than gentle - it has put him off! I am going to ask for the 'magic cream' for him next time as I have never seen him in so much pain! He now has 2 puncture wounds in each arm - not impressed! Does it normally hurt?😱🙂Bev

Oh no, poor Alex! :( I have really good veins, and it doesn't normally hurt when I have blood taken, but I've had a nurse or two over the years who's managed to make it hurt! Hopefully it's just a one off.

Your house mate is just one person. I can't say what i think of her as swearing is not allowed, but you get the idea.

next time she has something where she has done well but also wants more moral support, you can say to her what she said to you. Tell her she has to try harder.

I would like to see your housemate in your shoes for just 1 day aymes, ignore this, your doing well, dnt let anyone tell you diffrent hun

People who don't have diabetes or have someone very close with it don't understand, and that bugs me. Its horrible and its hard to control it. I had great control for about 3 days all in DAFNE range, get a cold and now its all to pot. I feel mince with the cold and awful trying to control mega high blood sugars and continue in my 9 to 5 job pretending everything is fine. Rant over sorry. 🙂

People who don't have diabetes or have someone very close with it don't understand, and that bugs me. Its horrible and its hard to control it. I had great control for about 3 days all in DAFNE range, get a cold and now its all to pot. I feel mince with the cold and awful trying to control mega high blood sugars and continue in my 9 to 5 job pretending everything is fine. Rant over sorry. 🙂

Hi Smit

You are right to a certain extent but I would just like to stick up for us mums (and dads) who are people who have someone very close with it. You are completely right in that we don't understand and never will understand the emotions of actually having diabetes (unless we become type 2 ourselves) but we have very different emotions that are akin to it. We know what we have to do to protect our kids with type 1 and it is absolutely terrifying knowing that our kids could become blind, could have neuropathy problems, amputations etc etc. We would change places with our kids if we could (in all seriousness), they didn't ask for it but neither did we ask for it for them and we live our lives in constant fear and dread as to what will become of them, health wise and socially.

So whilst we don't understand it from your point of view, we have a damned good picture and have very strong emotions as well.

Family around us don't really have a clue, they sympathsize but actually I need help rather than sympathy !! 🙂

All I would say to her is if you don't have diabetes yourself don't presume to tell me how or what I should be doing to control it or that I could be doing more, as you don't have a the sllightest clue unless you're diabetic yourself.

Alex had a horrid day and had his annual bloods done at the GP's and was crying as the nurse was less than gentle - it has put him off! I am going to ask for the 'magic cream' for him next time as I have never seen him in so much pain! He now has 2 puncture wounds in each arm - not impressed! Does it normally hurt?😱🙂Bev

The worst part is getting the damn needle out or when they have to change the Vacuette container I find. Perhaps you could go down to your local hospital. I promise the vampires (phlebotomists) are much better as they do it to make a living. I'd rather have one of them take my blood than a junior doctor.

Hi Adrienne, I was sticking up for mums and dads, sorry if it didn't come across that way, my mum and dad deserve a medal for what they have been through with me in the last 25 years. I am 27 now and my parents are still on top of the diabetes thing. x

Big hugs Aymes....how flippin annoying, I have a friend like that who when I'm having a rubbish diabetes day will say to me 'well you should look after yourself better' omg I dunno how I haven't slapped her face!!! hahaha!!!

Good news about pump progress tho :D Hope you are feeling calmer now x

Hi Adrienne, I was sticking up for mums and dads, sorry if it didn't come across that way, my mum and dad deserve a medal for what they have been through with me in the last 25 years. I am 27 now and my parents are still on top of the diabetes thing. x

I'm so sorry Smit, I totally read your email wrong. Even though I read it wrong I know you weren't 'having a go' so I wasn't worried. I tend to skim read which I must stop doing, I just have so many emails coming in minute by minute and then this forum that I have started skimming. Must stop. I do apologise profusely 🙂

Hi, it's okay. I also reread my email to make sure i had written what i wanted to write. I'm terrible for just ranting and missing out half the stuff. I take my hat off to parents with children who have diabetes. As i said my parents have and still do alot for me. I have always known they were trying really hard and worried. But it's not until i came on here and read posts from other parents that i realised my parents had gone through a terrible time as well as me going through highs and lows. Not being a mummy yet, i can only imagine. 🙂
x x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back